Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Michigan banned from post season play?

So just to recap:
1. NCAA big cheese Dumb Fuck Chuck Baker says they won the national title fair and square
2. Mr Dumb Fuck's organization is now looking at penalizing the fair and square national champions
3. As currently reported penalties will not punish the teams or coaches who were responsible for the cheating with the exceptions of assistants who tried to cover up and young Mr. Stallions.
4. For many of the coaches involved this was their *LeBron Heatles voice* Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, but like 7th run in with Johnny Law
5. Future Michigan players are going to get punished for something they had nothing to do with.

A magnum opus from the NCAA in what I can only hope is their dying breathe

So just to recap:
1. NCAA big cheese Dumb Fuck Chuck Baker says they won the national title fair and square
2. Mr Dumb Fuck's organization is now looking at penalizing the fair and square national champions
3. As currently reported penalties will not punish the teams or coaches who were responsible for the cheating with the exceptions of assistants who tried to cover up and young Mr. Stallions.
4. For many of the coaches involved this was their *LeBron Heatles voice* Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, but like 7th run in with Johnny Law
5. Future Michigan players are going to get punished for something they had nothing to do with.

A magnum opus from the NCAA in what I can only hope is their dying breathe

Yes, it's all pretty stupid isn't it?

Here are the two truths. The NCAA is an incompetent, power hungry and reactive organization. Michigan cheated at a level not witnessed in a long time.

I thought this had passed? Maybe not.
simon-cowell-gif-youre-awesome-the-x-factor-happy-sigh.gif

Michigan was dramatically better than Nebraska last season. That's not up for debate. And even if Michigan had Nebraska's offensive play calls, it wouldn't have mattered. Nebraska was only able to execute half their plays all season, regardless of opponent.

However there are some very fishy things that came out of that game when Michigan had the football:

1. Michigan ran more counters than any other time in the season. And the counter action seemed to always target the opposite origin of Nebraska's run blitzes. Some might say that's just incredible coaching and preparation. Ironically, no other Nebraska opponent could figure that out all season.

2. Nebraska's pressure package, which often includes more than 20 different looks per game, didn't get home once. I realize McCarthy is athletic and their offensive line was really good. But Nebraska confused opponents all season long. Again its difficult to imagine that Michigan was the only team capable of knowing where Nebraska's pressure was originating on every play.

3. The gaps filled by the linebackers and DBs in run support were consistently avoided by Michigan. There is now way in hell they were just smarter than every other Nebraska opponent all season long.

Michigan was dramatically better than Nebraska last season. That's not up for debate. And even if Michigan had Nebraska's offensive play calls, it wouldn't have mattered. Nebraska was only able to execute half their plays all season, regardless of opponent.

However there are some very fishy things that came out of that game when Michigan had the football:

1. Michigan ran more counters than any other time in the season. And the counter action seemed to always target the opposite origin of Nebraska's run blitzes. Some might say that's just incredible coaching and preparation. Ironically, no other Nebraska opponent could figure that out all season.

2. Nebraska's pressure package, which often includes more than 20 different looks per game, didn't get home once. I realize McCarthy is athletic and their offensive line was really good. But Nebraska confused opponents all season long. Again its difficult to imagine that Michigan was the only team capable of knowing where Nebraska's pressure was originating on every play.

3. The gaps filled by the linebackers and DBs in run support were consistently avoided by Michigan. There is now way in hell they were just smarter than every other Nebraska opponent all season long.
Not to be the look at me guy, but during the 2021 game at our place, we ran a HB screen to the short side of the field to R Johnson I believe on a 1st down. I vividly remember seeing Aiden Hutchison look to the sideline before the play, look back at the QB, and then proceed to a take a pass drop to the flats positioning himself in the perfect spot to stop the screen. Who drops one of the best pass rushers in all of college football into pass coverage on 1st down?

After seeing this I remember looking at my dad and saying “they know are fucking plays.” Looked for it the rest of the game and it was beyond clear they had our signs and new exactly what we were running. I was so pissed I was able to catch on to that sitting on a couch but our coaching staff couldn’t. With how close the game was though maybe we did catch on? Who knows.

Netflix is doing a documentary on this that releases in August with Connor Stalion's side of the story. It will be interesting but could be whitewashing things in Michigan's favor, much like that Urban Meyer/FL documentary that was an Urban Meyer informercial.

No doubt they were a damn good team last year but their sign stealing and what they invested in it is diabolical. You don't go to those lengths if it does not give you an edge.

Not to be the look at me guy, but during the 2021 game at our place, we ran a HB screen to the short side of the field to R Johnson I believe on a 1st down. I vividly remember seeing Aiden Hutchison look to the sideline before the play, look back at the QB, and then proceed to a take a pass drop to the flats positioning himself in the perfect spot to stop the screen. Who drops one of the best pass rushers in all of college football into pass coverage on 1st down?

After seeing this I remember looking at my dad and saying “they know are fucking plays.” Looked for it the rest of the game and it was beyond clear they had our signs and new exactly what we were running. I was so pissed I was able to catch on to that sitting on a couch but our coaching staff couldn’t. With how close the game was though maybe we did catch on? Who knows.
Are we sure our coaches didn't?

I assume if you caught on to it that our entire coaching staff did too. I assume they didn't say anything bc it would come off as sour grapes.

If we DO get a documentary, I hope they go to retired or terminated coaches (that can speak freely since they're not in the game anymore) and get their opinions of what they thought/knew at the time.

Frost is an idiot obviously but any decent play caller is gonna know something is up after a defense guesses right 75 plays in a row.

Are we sure our coaches didn't?

I assume if you caught on to it that our entire coaching staff did too. I assume they didn't say anything bc it would come off as sour grapes.

If we DO get a documentary, I hope they go to retired or terminated coaches (that can speak freely since they're not in the game anymore) and get their opinions of what they thought/knew at the time.

Frost is an idiot obviously but any decent play caller is gonna know something is up after a defense guesses right 75 plays in a row.
Completely agree. The question is if our coaching staff had enough back up signals for different types of place to win the game or not. It’s not like we went huddle and where running the plays in. I was coaching hs ball on the side back then and stealing signals happens a lot at the level so it was kind of naturally on my radar at the time. Either way, fuck Michigan

I think they figured it out at some point. Probably took too long.
I think Bill Busch talked about another Big Ten team tipping them off that it was happening. Also one of the Big Ten teams apparently told TCU before their bowl game lol

Edit: on the TCU thing it looks like they got calls from several Big Ten schools including Ohio State

I think Bill Busch talked about another Big Ten team tipping them off that it was happening. Also one of the Big Ten teams apparently told TCU before their bowl game lol

Edit: on the TCU thing it looks like they got calls from several Big Ten schools including Ohio State
If they knew from before the game why didn't they change everything up? Maybe they changed it up but not enough? Maybe they changed it up and it still wasn't enough?

If they knew from before the game why didn't they change everything up? Maybe they changed it up but not enough? Maybe they changed it up and it still wasn't enough?
I don't remember whether we learned before the game in 2022 or after. I know we knew by our game on Sept 30, 2023 and still got wrecked. TCU knew before their matchup on Dec 31, 2022 and won. The accusations broke to the public on October 20, 2023.

If they don’t strip the NC, it doesn’t matter what they do for the next few years.
Everyone is still going to know Michigan won the championship. They still beat the best teams down the stretch after they couldn’t keep cheating. They were definitely the best team last year. The best punishment was getting Harbaugh to leave. It leaves an opening for us to make a move up the BIG ladder if Rhule is the real deal and Moore falters.

Everyone is still going to know Michigan won the championship. They still beat the best teams down the stretch after they couldn’t keep cheating. They were definitely the best team last year. The best punishment was getting Harbaugh to leave. It leaves an opening for us to make a move up the BIG ladder if Rhule is the real deal and Moore falters.
They cheated in 2022, which got them a good amount of post season wins, which allowed them to have their main talent to return to that 23 NC team.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back