Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mel Tucker to sign extension (1 Viewer)

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Surprised these alumni aren’t organizing an alternative golf tournament to rally the troops to fire this non-Spartan carpetbagger and using their money to force the AD to hire Jeff Smoker.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s being funded by 2 alumni
Oh. Well who gives a shit if it doesn't work out then. They're clearly willing to pay the money to keep him so presumably they'll just pay it to get rid of him if it comes to that

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Oh. Well who gives a shit if it doesn't work out then. They're clearly willing to pay the money to keep him so presumably they'll just pay it to get rid of him if it comes to that
Donald Trump Republicans GIF by Election 2016

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
It’s not their money. Why would they give af? Might as well spend someone else’s money to keep him from going to LSU
Whoever is paying, my point is they’re likely not buying the coach that’s 9-1/top 10, 6-9 wins is more like it.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
If true this is hilarious....

I mean you can't take money from the pay Mel Tucker stupid amounts of money fund for other things

Was just gonna say….I bet he’s using this as leverage

Looked it up and apparently the MSU football program has a revenue of ~$80m and overhead of ~$40m = $40m profit
Basketball program revenue of ~$20m and overhead of ~$10m

Even at a famous basketball school Football is 4x more important.

PS: a bus ride 3 hours sucks but it’s not “crazy” to argue that a mid-November basketball game isn’t worth spending money on. I guess just tell your AD you don’t want to bus anywhere over a certain distance from now on. Obviously not a money issue.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
maybe

but also never take financial advice from the States of Michigan and Louisiana
I think it was and wasn’t. Certain people with money were going to be pissed if Frost was fired, so Turd didn’t move, but to say Nebraska doesn’t really have the money to fire frost and pay a new coach is absurd. Everything you hear from Turd makes you think he doesn’t think much of Frost. The new quote about blaming the ex coach seems like another shot at Frost.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I think it was and wasn’t. Certain people with money were going to be pissed if Frost was fired, so Turd didn’t move, but to say Nebraska doesn’t really have the money to fire frost and pay a new coach is absurd. Everything you hear from Turd makes you think he doesn’t think much of Frost. The new quote about blaming the ex coach seems like another shot at Frost.

Oh I wasn’t saying Nebraska doesn’t have the money.

I was just making a joke about Michigan and Louisiana (especially LSU) being broke cuz they waste money at insane levels

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
He’s done a great job this year. And I realize this is proactive because of LSU. But that is a big leap for MSU on a guy that struck gold with an RB transfer (among 30+ Other transfers) and is 16-13 as a head coach.

On the other hand if he’s the guy then why not do everything it takes to keep him? He is 2-0 vs Michigan

You obviously have to give them credit for winning games. But he’s proven much less than Rich Rod, Doug Durking, and even Brady Hoke to this point and probably should be 7-3 or 6-4. They are the most tOSU in 2001 one team I’ve seen in awhile.

He should have to give 85 million to Cerni and Kenneth Walker.

If MSU has boosters willing to pay this type of scratch for a head coach why don’t they have the best facilities in the nation ?

Toe

Wide Receiver
I believe the term for this is 'irrational exuberance'....

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's a lot of money for someone that hasn't really proven much in his short tenure as a HC. He is having a great year, but previous to this year he was 7-12 as a HC.

He is 16-13 overall. Seems like they spending $$$ to keep him from getting poached.

He really took advantage of the Transfer Portal. There really isn't proof yet that he is the real deal.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
You obviously have to give them credit for winning games. But he’s proven much less than Rich Rod, Doug Durking, and even Brady Hoke to this point and probably should be 7-3 or 6-4. They are the most tOSU in 2001 one team I’ve seen in awhile.

He should have to give 85 million to Cerni and Kenneth Walker.

If MSU has boosters willing to pay this type of scratch for a head coach why don’t they have the best facilities in the nation ?
Yeah--this is exactly how I feel on it. Kenneth Walker is a no. 1 Heisman candidate and has covered up a lot of their defensive deficiencies. It was pretty clear after the UM-MSU game that MSU had squeaked by (mostly by Walker taking plays that would be losses in the backfield into touchdowns) and some favorable game luck (Aidan Hutchinson sack fumble) and UM was clearly the better team. Felt a lot like NU-CU 2019 where 5 or so plays had to happen exactly right for there to be a chance for Tucker to win, and those happened to work out. This team should've lost to NU, should've lost to UM, got housed by Purdue, and dead heat w/ Indiana. Will get worked by OSU this weekend.

MSU boosters are going to commit to more than $8 million per Tucker MSU win. It's insanity.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Yeah--this is exactly how I feel on it. Kenneth Walker is a no. 1 Heisman candidate and has covered up a lot of their defensive deficiencies. It was pretty clear after the UM-MSU game that MSU had squeaked by (mostly by Walker taking plays that would be losses in the backfield into touchdowns) and some favorable game luck (Aidan Hutchinson sack fumble) and UM was clearly the better team. Felt a lot like NU-CU 2019 where 5 or so plays had to happen exactly right for there to be a chance for Tucker to win, and those happened to work out. This team should've lost to NU, should've lost to UM, got housed by Purdue, and dead heat w/ Indiana. Will get worked by OSU this weekend.

MSU boosters are going to commit to more than $8 million per Tucker MSU win. It's insanity.

The strip sack for Michigan should have never been overruled in that game. That would have really put the dagger in.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds