Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

McCaffrey or Martinez...Who gets the start vs Penn State

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
No doubt 95% of us believe Luke should start but what will Frost do? He seems to run the offense more effectively but does anyone else get the feeling we'll see Martinez trotting out there Saturday morning?

I don't care how many mistakes Luke makes, he's a freshman. He's supposed to make mistakes. Adrian is a Junior and it's clear that he's hesitant and regressing more and more.

Luke should start, but I’m not convinced he will make much of a difference. Not sure why everyone is so enamored by him other than that’s what we do with backup QBs when the starter is struggling.
Maybe because we already know what we have in Martinez? Luke isn’t going to go undefeated, but Martinez could lose every game on the schedule. We know what he is, Luke OTOH, we do not. Should the O continue to bang their head against the wall?

Maybe because we already know what we have in Martinez? Luke isn’t going to go undefeated, but Martinez could lose every game on the schedule. We know what he is, Luke OTOH, we do not. Should the O continue to bang their head against the wall?

I said I think Luke should start. I just don’t think he has shown anything to make us believe things are going to be much different with him in there. I look at him as another athlete playing QB playing for Nebraska.

I hope he proves me wrong once he gets his chance.

I said I think Luke should start. I just don’t think he has shown anything to make us believe things are going to be much different with him in there. I look at him as another athlete playing QB playing for Nebraska.

I hope he proves me wrong once he gets his chance.
I don't get the optimism with Luke either. Martinez is playing so bad you have to bench him but I bet he plays after a couple Luke turnovers. If not this week then next.

Luke should start, but I’m not convinced he will make much of a difference. Not sure why everyone is so enamored by him other than that’s what we do with backup QBs when the starter is struggling.
The fact we couldn't handle a fucking stunt by a DE, Wilson looking like a dancing bear trying to run block or the fact the only play that fucking worked was QB draw or QB run for life is mildly fucking concerning.

I don't know what all we have in Luke, but I've seen 2 1/2 years of Adrian to know he can't get it done.

Start Run LMC

I have been pulling for Adrian this whole time but he's obviously regressing. Luke probably isn't the answer but maybe he can at least give the offense a spark. Seems to be more energy in general when he is in there.

I think he actually rips the ball out faster on their perimeter game.

Maybe they'll actually call some shot plays with him in on early downs.

Luke did come in against a prevent defense at the end of the game last week and usually when he comes in it's a designed play that the coaches know will work with the defensive alignment so I think it would be interesting to see him in a full game. Who knows 🤷‍♂️

I think he actually rips the ball out faster on their perimeter game.

Maybe they'll actually call some shot plays with him in on early downs.
This for sure. The quick routes he does a really good job of getting the ball to the receiver quick and accurate.

This for sure. The quick routes he does a really good job of getting the ball to the receiver quick and accurate.
Agreed. Frost & Mario have always preached that their offense relies on a "quick-twitch/quick-read" QB. AMart has regressed with that, and is so in his own head, since his freshman year and is not nearly accurate enough on the easy screen/swing/flat passes that are so critical to this offense. Yeah he can run but his 15yd rush is a 20yd+ rush by Luke. Luke quickly slung those out routes and looked a lot better doing it than AMart imho. Mill's wants Luke and he can't be the only one.

It better not be Martinez. So help me f’ing god it better not be Martinez. If it is...well...I will watch the shit show, get super pissed, and swear off Nebraska football again as I do every week.

At least this week I will be in beautiful Arthur County deer hunting and will be able to shoot shit.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back