Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Martinez

Looks like Martinez went from throwing a pretty heckin good deep ball as a freshman and now throws a below average to non-existent one. Of course it's hard to ignore that he went from throwing to Spielman and Morgan to no one
We also know McCaffrey should move positions since he isn’t a good qb and we need receivers.

His 20+ 5/19

Martinez 6/20 (1/2 against Rutgers so 5/18)
McCaffrey 2/8
Total with Rutgers 8/28 before 7/26

His 10-20 12/31

Martinez 16/24 Rutgers 5/6 before 11/18
McCaffrey 7/18
Total with Rutgers 23/42 before 19/36

Could depend on the cutoff. He has 11-15 yards and 16-20 yards vs 10-20 yards.

Yep. Time to give it up. Nothing wrong with getting him a gadget play or two at QB, but he's not a division 1 level passer
His dad must think he is a qb which astonishes me. Ed has to know his chance at the nfl is receiver.

Looks like Martinez went from throwing a pretty heckin good deep ball as a freshman and now throws a below average to non-existent one. Of course it's hard to ignore that he went from throwing to Spielman and Morgan to no one
Really not terribly different when you figure games played. By snaps is the best comparison.
2020 6/20 30% 383 snaps or 5.2%
2018 19/53 35.8% 749 snaps or 7.07%

Difference is about 7 throws over 6 games Martinez played (not counting the 1 drive against Illinois). So roughly 1 more completion over 20 yards every 3 games.

Really not terribly different when you figure games played. By snaps is the best comparison.

Difference is about 7 throws over 6 games Martinez played (not counting the 1 drive against Illinois). So roughly 1 more completion over 20 yards every 3 games.
He has just never got much better for whatever reason. Is it mostly on him or is some of it on Frost and the qb guru?

Actually a completion over 20 yards 1.57% of snaps compared to 2.53% in 2018. Roughly 70 snaps per game so 1 more completion every 2 games when you look at it that way.

Forgive my ignorance, but using 2020 only - is the chart saying he threw 35 passes behind the line of scrimmage, between the numbers?

I would guess its mostly on him but hard to say when he is the only sample.
Outside of Martinez it makes me wonder if our coaches know what they are looking for in qb. McCaffrey should have never been offered as a Qb and I’ve talked to atleast ten people around Kearney from people at Kearney Catholic to coaches who have coached against him and not one believes Haarberg is very good.

Outside of Martinez it makes me wonder if our coaches know what they are looking for in qb. McCaffrey should have never been offered as a Qb and I’ve talked to atleast ten people around Kearney from people at Kearney Catholic to coaches who have coached against him and not one believes Haarberg is very good.
I think Haarberg is truly a result of product on the field. They were going at several different QB's. That kid from Texas that picked Va Tech and flipped somewhere else seemed to be their #1. Jake Garcia, etc

Just think he was the best they could get.

I think Haarberg is truly a result of product on the field. They were going at several different QB's. That kid from Texas that picked Va Tech and flipped somewhere else seemed to be their #1. Jake Garcia, etc

Just think he was the best they could get.
Haarberg has the measurables. The two people at Kearney Catholic thought more of Masker. The coach who coached against him told me he he doesn’t like contact and he can be pretty inaccurate. You want your Qb to dominate c 1 football if he is going to Nebraska. I’ve also heard relation and parents of kids on the team say they don’t see him playing qb at Nebraska. If you were going to take him, I don’t see why you didn’t try finding a second qb for the class. Haarberg has the athleticism to play somewhere else if it doesn’t work out at qb.

Last edited:

Good point.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back