Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Manning forecast

What will Omar Manning do?

• Play with Nebraska this year and next (assuming he doesn't enter the draft)

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Sit out this year and play with Nebraska next year

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Sit out this year and enter the draft

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Enter the transfer portal

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Reading the tea leaves I say he sits this year, and plays next year. However, I could see him getting things straight and playing at some point this season. Too much smoke about sitting out this year, so I'm siding with the smoke.

Last edited:
I worked for a really shitty medical staffing company for awhile that had massive turnover. They were constantly recruiting & training huge “classes” of employees because they knew that 80% of each class would get fed up and quit or find a better opportunity.

It’s the most similar thing in my life I can liken to Nebraska football currently and it’s terribly sad.

I worked for a really shitty medical staffing company for awhile that had massive turnover. They were constantly recruiting & training huge “classes” of employees because they knew that 80% of each class would get fed up and quit or find a better opportunity.

It’s the most similar thing in my life I can liken to Nebraska football currently and it’s terribly sad.
Do you still work in staffing

Same. Think he’ll realize he can’t really transfer again. He’ll play early and with our luck be a bust anyway.
That's where I'm at too. I have no doubt he's having trouble and I'll choose to trust whoever said that it isn't about NU or the coaches but more of a true mental health type of issue, but at some point hopefully the clouds will be lifted and he'll realize this is the best spot for him. Especially since he was apparently doing great all spring/summer.

I assume his goal is the NFL and I can't really imagine him sitting out all year and then playing for us next year, and I can't imagine he'd be able to actually jump straight to the NFL, and I also can't imagine he'd end up thinking transferring to another team is a better option... I think he ends up seeing the light especially once his ankle heals. I feel like with these situations it's most likely either play now at NU or fizzle out completely. Hopefully he'll play.

I don't see Manning having a big year. My guess would be, if he plays, it'll be average at best. There might be a few nice catches that get us all excited and he flashes. At some point missing time and not being able to put in the work catches up with anyone, regardless of talent.

Last year I recall a big cry on RSS for Keem Green to play right away and thought that was completely bogus. The guy hadn't been in a D1 workout program, and wasn't working out regularly in the summer. You can be as talented as you want....that stuff catches up to anyone. WR is obviously different from interior line though so maybe we luck out. 🤞

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back