Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Longest win streak as HC:. Frost - 2. Mickey - 2 (1 Viewer)

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Thank you. Mickey isn’t a real candidate. I’m pretty sure the talk is gonna get annoying. I’m happy for the team though. They deserve something good to happen to them.

A paper sack could of out coach Frost.
I agree he isn’t at this point, but if he gets 3 more wins he should definitely be considered.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t agree but I’m fine being in the minority I guess. There’s just better candidates.
It does depend on the candidates, but I don’t know who the serious ones are. If it’s between Campbell and Leipold vs. Mickey and Mickey gets us to a bowl I would rather take my chances with Mickey. I know he can out recruit them. I know their recruiting won’t ever give us a shot at a championship. I also believe Mickey would put good coaches around him with the right assistant pool money.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The concern with Mickey even if he wins way more than he should is that he took over for a fucking awful coach and being competent will make you look way better than you are by comparison. Now Mickey could have a 57 point plan for how he's gonna get us from here to Bama that blows Turd away, but there is still an inherent risk of hiring a dude who just gets you to play closer to your talent level instead of way below it.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The concern with Mickey even if he wins way more than he should is that he took over for a fucking awful coach and being competent will make you look way better than you are by comparison. Now Mickey could have a 57 point plan for how he's gonna get us from here to Bama that blows Turd away, but there is still an inherent risk of hiring a dude who just gets you to play closer to your talent level instead of way below it.
Either way it would be impressive to do it in season under the circumstances. It’s also would be impressive considering our lines both aren’t very good. It will probably be a moot point in 4-6 weeks, but atleast we have some hope now.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Either way it would be impressive to do it in season under the circumstances. It’s also would be impressive considering our lines both aren’t very good. It will probably be a moot point in 4-6 weeks, but atleast we have some hope now.
Absolutely. I'm not taking anything away from Mickey and the job he's done (even if they lose out). I think his connection with the team and his understanding of what he's supposed to be as a HC has put him in a spot to merit consideration, but like all candidates we gotta weigh the pros and cons cause we at the platinum board ultimately decide the next head coach

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

I add that I think it’s a very real possibility you can keep Mickey on staff. Double his salary and give him a cool title. It’s a win win.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

I add that I think it’s a very real possibility you can keep Mickey on staff. Double his salary and give him a cool title. It’s a win win.
I think you do whatever it takes to keep him in the program. He and Busch get it on every level and those are assets you shouldn't want to lose

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I don’t agree but I’m fine being in the minority I guess. There’s just better candidates.
More people agree with you than is apparent on the message boards. A lot of those mouth breathers have been conditioned to believe that the HC MUST have Nebraska ties, so they are infatuated with Mickey.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
More people agree with you than is apparent on the message boards. A lot of those mouth breathers have been conditioned to believe that the HC MUST have Nebraska ties, so they are infatuated with Mickey.
This. And if he keeps winning…gonna be hard to keep his name from the top of the list.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds