Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Lol @ Florida

As a UF alum, I still love this. I never became a fan in my four years in Gainesville.

I did get to experience a lot of fireworks for Natty's in FB and MBB, though, and the parties were fun, even if I mostly wished they had lost.

Two of the Natty's were vs Ohio State, and I didn't hate them as much back then when we weren't conference members. At the same time, I watched the games with both UF and OSU fans, and the OSU fans were way more obnoxious.

As a UF alum, I still love this. I never became a fan in my four years in Gainesville.

I did get to experience a lot of fireworks for Natty's in FB and MBB, though, and the parties were fun, even if I mostly wished they had lost.

Two of the Natty's were vs Ohio State, and I didn't hate them as much back then when we weren't conference members. At the same time, I watched the games with both UF and OSU fans, and the OSU fans were way more obnoxious.
I actually sat in the Florida section at the Tostito's Fiesta Bowl for the 1995 Natty game between Nebraska and Florida, and found the Florida fans to be good folk. There was some good natured ribbing back and forth pre-game and in the early going, but by the time the 4th quarter rolled around, the consensus from that section was "That's a helluva football team y'all have there. My God ..."

I also attended the Nebraska vs. LSU Sugar bowl to cap the '84 season. The LSU fans were all running around screaming, "TIGER BAIT, TIGER BAIT!' whenever they spotted a Husker fan in the French Quarter. It was mostly Florida fans - though fans from other SEC teams also repeated this behavior - who would slide up afterwards and say something like, "Man, those LSU fans are soooo obnoxious". In that game, after spotting LSU 14 points (Dalton Hilliard was FAST), Nebraska flipped the script and won 35-14. We somehow managed to get "overpoured" post-game and wandered around the Quarter yelling, "Here Kitty, Kitty...!", which our drunk asses thought was hilarious at the time.

Not looking forward to watching OU hang 70 on us next year

That will be not fun. Scott will try to throw the ball 100 times and our total TOP will be like 6:00

That game might be the nail in the ol coffin. If they get blown out that bad that early in the season it might be hard to get any momentum back.

That will be not fun. Scott will try to throw the ball 100 times and our total TOP will be like 6:00
The realization that one, this game is next year, and two...is the probable outcome just made me sick.

Thank god we are a volleyball school.

Ah yes, I was at the Fiesta Bowl in Tempe with a buddy for that game. All those Florida phucs were out in force with their chop whatever bullshit, it was so gratifying being in the stadium as we went in dry on them. We were in the corner of the end zone TF ran into on his 70 yarder where he ran by like 4-5 dudes later drafted, Tempe was much more fun that night. We went back via Colorado and got hammered by a blizzard just as we got to Vail that dumped 20" of fresh snow, which shut down all traffic both directions...next day no lines at lifts, tickets or bathrooms which was awesome.

Scott will catch OU off guard by throwing exclusively Swing Passes to the Running Backs. They'll never see it coming.
denzel washington checkers GIF

Ah yes, I was at the Fiesta Bowl in Tempe with a buddy for that game. All those Florida phucs were out in force with their chop whatever bullshit, it was so gratifying being in the stadium as we went in dry on them. We were in the corner of the end zone TF ran into on his 70 yarder where he ran by like 4-5 dudes later drafted, Tempe was much more fun that night. We went back via Colorado and got hammered by a blizzard just as we got to Vail that dumped 20" of fresh snow, which shut down all traffic both directions...next day no lines at lifts, tickets or bathrooms which was awesome.
If you went out drinking in Vail there is a good chance I either served you a drink or was sitting at a bar next to you. I was bartending at Garton's and Los Amigos at that time. Actually worked the night of the game at Garton's so had 1 eye on the customers and the other on the TV. Seemed like every time I looked up we had scored another TD. Might have gotten a tad bit drunk behind the bar that night. GBR

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back