Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Lipstick on a Pig

I think they could actually benefit by taking some of the frustrations to Zoom calls... take some time to review the questions and find thoughtful and appropriate alternatives to them that can be asked professionally. Deab acts like we truly want him to stand there throwing daggers at Frost, when the reality is that people want him to be pressed if only a little for some substance instead of empty bullshit from questions submitted by 5th graders.

There's not much they can say, they can't watch practice, and they couldn't ask a substantive question with a gun held to their heads.

The only answer is more talent and more time. Uh, no shit. But that doesn't explain the garbage we've seen consistently over 28 games.

There's not much they can say, they can't watch practice, and they couldn't ask a substantive question with a gun held to their heads.

The only answer is more talent and more time. Uh, no shit. But that doesn't explain the garbage we've seen consistently over 28 games.
What else is there? Dean doesn't know how to fix it. Neither do you or any of us. He said he'll get his 6 years.

I imagine if Frost can't show significant improvement in 4 and 5 there's no extension. If there's no extension after year 5 that has to be saying see you later. Recruiting would be in the absolute shitter at that point.

I’d just like to see some objectivity in their analysis, rather than regurgitating what we’ve heard for 3 years. Inherited a mess, talent is young, needs more time...blah blah blah.

Frost is staring down the barrel of 4 losing seasons out of 5 as a head coach. 2017 is looking more and more like an aberration.

I’d just like to see some objectivity in their analysis, rather than regurgitating what we’ve heard for 3 years. Inherited a mess, talent is young, needs more time...blah blah blah.

Frost is staring down the barrel of 4 losing seasons out of 5 as a head coach. 2017 is looking more and more like an aberration.
I think we can begin to say that Milton was at least as responsible for that season as Frost. He was other-worldly good that year, and the team actually did not lose again until after he went down even after Frost was gone. They were kicking ass again the following year, i believe only losing their bowl game once he had gotten hurt.
The guy was a playmaker for them and always seemed to find the open man and get out of any trouble until he could.
The defense had some playmakers to be sure, but they were still porous.
Other players have made coaches look pretty damn good, too-Cam Newton, Joe Burrow..

I think they could actually benefit by taking some of the frustrations to Zoom calls... take some time to review the questions and find thoughtful and appropriate alternatives to them that can be asked professionally. Deab acts like we truly want him to stand there throwing daggers at Frost, when the reality is that people want him to be pressed if only a little for some substance instead of empty bullshit from questions submitted by 5th graders.
Speaking of zoom call pressers, where is the petition for them to stop showing the people who are asking the bad questions? I really don't want to see Sam McKewon and others alike with their faces right in the camera when they just roll out of bed to ask 2 questions.

Speaking of zoom call pressers, where is the petition for them to stop showing the people who are asking the bad questions? I really don't want to see Sam McKewon and others alike with their faces right in the camera when they just roll out of bed to ask 2 questions.
Idk man... I like seeing Sammy if for no other reason than to remind me to eat right and get some exercise.

What else is there? Dean doesn't know how to fix it. Neither do you or any of us. He said he'll get his 6 years.

I imagine if Frost can't show significant improvement in 4 and 5 there's no extension. If there's no extension after year 5 that has to be saying see you later. Recruiting would be in the absolute shitter at that point.
Coaching, development, the way practices are held, etc. There are other variables. The media can ask better questions to try to provide some clarity behind the scenes. Maybe they wouldn't get good answers if they did.

I don't think anyone here is in disagreement about Frost getting his 6 years or not.

Thats fair. Both of them did acknowledge this post as being valid questions.

Screenshot_20201124-135056_Firefox.jpg
There's always questions about practice. Thats why the running joke of "best practice of the year" got started.

Media could certainly ask him more questions about what he's doing to change things.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201124-135056_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20201124-135056_Firefox.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 8
Coaching, development, the way practices are held, etc. There are other variables. The media can ask better questions to try to provide some clarity behind the scenes. Maybe they wouldn't get good answers if they did.

I don't think anyone here is in disagreement about Frost getting his 6 years or not.

Question about your last sentence. Are you saying you think everyone agrees Frost should get a minimum of 6 years?

Please refrain from tatering tPB
I still say that crap of run game coordinator and pass game coordinator is one of the stupidest things going on down there, if anyone is the run game cooordinator should have been the Running backs coach for crying out loud! Austin should have just worked on getting the guys to block and not worring about the run game crap, he does his regular job piss poor to give him that job too!

Question about your last sentence. Are you saying you think everyone agrees Frost should get a minimum of 6 years?
I think everyone knows the administration is going to give Frost 6 years whether they approve of that or not.

I think everyone knows the administration is going to give Frost 6 years whether they approve of that or not.
I think boosters will probably be pretty exhausted after giving for the new facilities and between that and Covid and the contract extension, the economics will keep him in Lincoln for at least 2 more.

We’ll see. I don’t think that is a given based on what has transpired so far. Things will get mighty interesting next year if the ship doesn’t at least start righting itself.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back