Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Keon Edward's to DONU (Hoops)

we are going to win big 10 next year aren't we
Damn Right GIF by memecandy

is he any good
Verdict is still out. he originally in the 2021 Class but then reclassified up to the 2020-2021 season so he could play a half season at DePaul. He didn't do that much at DePaul but their coach who was recently fired was scrambling to win games. While Keon was still classified with the 2021 Class he was ranked the #22 player in the class which would make him most likely a 5 Star. Some might argue he could be the highest ranked recruit we have gotten, if you go by the 2021 Ranking.

But potential doesn't win you games, making buckets does. Either way really excited because that more or less puts 2 5 Stars in this incoming class. Tip of the Hat to Matty A and Fred. GBF!!!

Verdict is still out. he originally in the 2021 Class but then reclassified up to the 2020-2021 season so he could play a half season at DePaul. He didn't do that much at DePaul but their coach who was recently fired was scrambling to win games. While Keon was still classified with the 2021 Class he was ranked the #22 player in the class which would make him most likely a 5 Star. Some might argue he could be the highest ranked recruit we have gotten, if you go by the 2021 Ranking.

But potential doesn't win you games, making buckets does. Either way really excited because that more or less puts 2 5 Stars in this incoming class. Tip of the Hat to Matty A and Fred. GBF!!!
Biggest red flag was that he'd go to play for Leitao at Depaul in the first place.

He only played in 5 games for DePaul. Thats not very promising.
He got the 'Rona so I'll probably give him a pass there especially since he was supposed to be a high school senior. He's a former top 25 kid who will probably be like 8th or 9th man. The trick will be getting him to hang around because I think he will be really good his second year at DONU.

He got the 'Rona so I'll probably give him a pass there especially since he was supposed to be a high school senior. He's a former top 25 kid who will probably be like 8th or 9th man. The trick will be getting him to hang around because I think he will be really good his second year at DONU.
Exactly 💯! Plus he didn't get to DePaul until Dec/Jan

That helps. On paper this has to be the best class in history for Nebraska. Hope it ends up that way.
I bet some of those Née teams would have similar ratings back when Omaha kids wanted to go to Nebraska.

*edited because I have no idea what the hell I was trying to say.

Last edited:
This is fucking impressive by Matt

View attachment 2642
Looking at Matt I'm not even sure if he even knows how to dribble a basketball, and don't even care cuz he is one hell of a recruiter. Added bonus is in some of the interviews it almost seems like he knows he is a Hired Gun Salesman and doesn't necessarily have ambitions of becoming a Head Coach. Would be great to keep him around for a long long time

Looking at Matt I'm not even sure if he even knows how to dribble a basketball, and don't even care cuz he is one hell of a recruiter. Added bonus is in some of the interviews it almost seems like he knows he is a Hired Gun Salesman and doesn't necessarily have ambitions of becoming a Head Coach. Would be great to keep him around for a long long time
I mean him and Fred are tight. I imagine if it came down to it and we were winning we would be able to pay him accordingly.

He isn't skilled enough on scheme to get a HC job I feel. So where would he go? He is in the best basketball conference, we have some damn good basketball facilities and damn near any resource he could want.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back