Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Jaysker Chronicles: Me vs Dougy McBuckets (1 Viewer)

TrentMilfer

Horny Walk-on
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nebraska vs Pickle Smoochers gameday has arrived. This has always been a big day for me so I thought I would share the story of how me and Doug Mcdermott (almost) came to fisticuffs.

For background, I grew up in the Paris of the midwest, Omaha so I have a lot of Jaysker friends and friends that attended that dreaded institution. Dont let that fool you lads, Im husker bball for lyfe. I was in the minority being a DONU bball supporter and it was my cross to bear. These colors dont run!!

My brains a little cloudy on most of the details bc of all the booze and drugs i have consumed in my 20s. Those drinking habits are a heavy influence on what happened this dreary night in Omaha. I know it was right after Tim Miles was hired so I had a new sense of hope for the Husker bball progrum (that was dumb huh). Im attending a house party in mid-town Omaha. It was mainly a Pickle Smoochers party but there was a lot of Lincoln people there. I was sucking down Bartons like my life depended on it. At one point in the evening the Pickle Smoochers Basketball team showed up, and also at one point I peed in a bedroom closet at this house. I started voicing my opinion (loudly) about how Nebraska would soon surpass Pickle Smoochers in basketball. One thing led to another and me and Doug are chirpin back and forth in the front yard of this house and a crowd starts to gather.

Sidebar: Me and Doug are the same age and we actually partied together a few times when we were freshman. This was before he was hot-shot Dougie McBuckets and he was pretty cool. We werent friends but we were acquaintances

I dont remember a whole lot about what I was saying but I do remember Doug was starting to get pissed and I knew I was in his head. Were chirpin back and forth, Doug gets right in my face. I wasn't looking to fight I was just drunk and causing a raucous, but Doug was reaching a boiling point. One of his boys stepped in to cool him down and to get him away from doing something dumb like punch me. Tale of the tape:
Me - 5'11 210 lbs, washed former high school athlete (class A tho), muscular but definite Dad-bod. Enough booze in my system to kill a Pickle Smoochers under-grad of alcohol poisioning
Doug - 6'8 205 lbs, division 1 basketball player, future Naismith Award winner. Probably drank 6 beers and is very drunk

The one thing I do remember saying to Doug is what really set him off, "Tim Miles will own you and your Dad!" Doug started to charge towards me but he slips. The front yard of this house was basically a hill. Doug literally rolls down this hill towards the side walk (swear to God) and his boys get him out there. People are now shouting at me to leave. I stumble out of there and that was that. Hindsight is 20/20 folks

TrentMilfer

Horny Walk-on
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you knew then what you know now would you have booted him on his roll down the hill?

Until you put up your stats I was thinking...Trent must be tall for him to be in McBuckets face!
Hingsight 20/20 bc i said Tim Miles will own you and your Dad (we know how reality went)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
tenor.gif

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
On the line.
Bullshit foul.
Like where we're at headed into half, but I don't feel like we've played all that great

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds