Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Jammal Lord vs Taylor Martinez (2 Viewers)

Jammal vs Taylor

• Total voters

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Assume for a second we don't have Dylan, but you have the opportunity to bring back either Jammal Lord or Taylor Martinez. Which are you taking and why?

Both were subpar passers, however both were electric athletes and tough as nails (as long as no toes met any lockers). One had a much better surrounding cast for sure, but overall very similar players imo.

mbuskirk5

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
This is no comparison here for me. As I recall, Lord might as well have spiked the ball when he passed, because it looked like that’s what he was doing. Martinez had a painful to watch throwing motion, but at least most passes got in the general vicinity.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
Assume for a second we don't have Dylan, but you have the opportunity to bring back either Jammal Lord or Taylor Martinez. Which are you taking and why?

Both were subpar passers, however both were electric athletes and tough as nails (as long as no toes met any lockers). One had a much better surrounding cast for sure, but overall very similar players imo.
Gfgrrrrrrrr! Not even close you ass hat!! T mart was as beautiful on the field as off

Stan Raymond

Cornerback

I like Lord better, Lord was tougher, Lord was a better teammate, and T Martinez was not a good passer and a fumble machine.

But I'd take T Martinez easily, Lord was a really bad passer.

Herbie

Graduate Assistant
Jamal Lord tried very hard. No quit in that guy. But TM was much better.
I put him in the same category as Tommie Frazier skill wise. Pretty much an option qb or maybe a safety. Outside of that maybe no real posistion fo either. You wouldn’t want either in a modern offense.

If lord came 10 years earlier his legacy would be different

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Was the first few games of that season one of the last times Nebraska fans had real hope that far into the season?
We did start 7-0 and were ranked No. 8 in the nation in 2016.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I really thought this would be a closer debate. Both players led their teams to some strong seasons and some rough spots. Taylor had a much better cast around him though. Give me Niles Paul, Brandon Kinnie and Kenny Bell over Ross Pilkington, Wilson Thomas and Mark LeFlore anyway (although a Herian vs Reed/Cotton debate would be fun top, at TE).

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I really thought this would be a closer debate. Both players led their teams to some strong seasons and some rough spots. Taylor had a much better cast around him though. Give me Niles Paul, Brandon Kinnie and Kenny Bell over Ross Pilkington, Wilson Thomas and Mark LeFlore anyway (although a Herian vs Reed/Cotton debate would be fun top, at TE).
I picked Lord. Just liked the way he played better. Probably bench him a few games in for Martinez though after his 8 interceptions in two games.

Would gladly still take Lord and convert him to RB. Guy was a tough sumbitch.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Taylor no question .. Lord was was frustrating with how he could make a big play and then turn it over a few plays later..

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Pre-injury, I'd go T Magic for sure.

I want Lord on my team, but I'm putting him at safety or OLB (he signed an NFL deal as a safety with the Texans, but didn't make the roster), or maybe a look at RB. Tough & physical, but never had that touch as an option master QB, IMO.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds