Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

James Carnie (1 Viewer)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Last edited:

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
6'5" 220 lbs. guys who can run a legitimate 4.6 just before their senior year of high school (did it at the same Warren Academy Showcase that Fidone crushed) don't exactly grow on trees in Nebraska. I'd be fine offering him just based on that, numbers be damned.

Then you throw in these extras:

1) He's likely going to Cockeye or, not as bad but still not great, Kansas State should Nebraska not offer. Especially if he goes to Cockeye, these failures to offer have a real history of biting us in the ass.

2) Rollins has impressed exactly no one this year. Fine also with offering him based on frame and potential, but not at the expense of leaving Carnie out.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
He's pretty good from what I've heard, especially in the receiving category. Don't know if he'll be a traditional inline TE, Cockeye may make him into one. But he fits Nebraska's offense better IMO.

I'm guessing he was told he was not getting an offer based on him deciding on 10/12. Which will illicit a tater throwing contest on RSS. But with that said, I might be involved in the throwing of taters. You can't let a kid with that athletic potential leave the state, but they're almost forced to unless that can get Rollins to switch positions.

Nebraska has missed out on local talent bigly in recent years, especially smaller school kids like Ott and Bazata, both obviously became starters and good players at Cockeye.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
He is another local guy that has measurables compared to the top TE in the nation. Thats why I like him.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's pretty good from what I've heard, especially in the receiving category. Don't know if he'll be a traditional inline TE, Cockeye may make him into one. But he fits Nebraska's offense better IMO.

I'm guessing he was told he was not getting an offer based on him deciding on 10/12. Which will illicit a tater throwing contest on RSS. But with that said, I might be involved in the throwing of taters. You can't let a kid with that athletic potential leave the state, but they're almost forced to unless that can get Rollins to switch positions.

Nebraska has missed out on local talent bigly in recent years, especially smaller school kids like Ott and Bazata, both obviously became starters and good players at Cockeye.
Why not just bring him in as an athlete?

Elquesogrande68

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
6'5" 220 lbs. guys who can run a legitimate 4.6 just before their senior year of high school (did it at the same Warren Academy Showcase that Fidone crushed) don't exactly grow on trees in Nebraska. I'd be fine offering him just based on that, numbers be damned.

Then you throw in these extras:

1) He's likely going to Cockeye or, not as bad but still not great, Kansas State should Nebraska not offer. Especially if he goes to Cockeye, these failures to offer have a real history of biting us in the ass.

2) Rollins has impressed exactly no one this year. Fine also with offering him based on frame and potential, but not at the expense of leaving Carnie out.
^^^^^ this all day and every day. Carnie is like a Fidone MKII. Can you imagine having a two TE look with those two guys? Rollins, I’ve not heard glowing reviews and didn’t his coach say he was work-in-progress?

If Carnie goes to IA and becomes another Fantz? Color me a bit pissed.

I’ve said before Carnie could be a good possession receiver, but that hasn’t picked up much traction. Yea, he’s not super fast for WR, but get him to drop a few pounds and put him in our strength program and get him to 4.5....that is fast enough.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

Dean and Clouse say an offer is imminent...and they are never wrong.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds