Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is pay for a RSS membership worth it

I’m not sure it is anymore .... Dean has a direct line to Frost through Gerrod & knows way more than he’ll ever let on but he holds info back so not to burn the source & it ends up making him & the site late to the party a lot of the time. Twitter is actually more informative than that board lately.

& I’ve learned more here in the last 2 weeks than RSS the past couple years. I guess the recruiting info is still good but I haven’t been following that as close because it’s a merry go round on that front. Never know who will stick on signing day or even 3 months + after Feb signing day ....

I’m not sure it is anymore .... Dean has a direct line to Frost through Gerrod & knows way more than he’ll ever let on but he holds info back so not to burn the source & it ends up making him & the site late to the party a lot of the time. Twitter is actually more informative than that board lately.

& I’ve learned more here in the last 2 weeks than RSS the past couple years. I guess the recruiting info is still good but I haven’t been following that as close because it’s a merry go round on that front. Never know who will stick on signing day or even 3 months + after Feb signing day ....

The info I like to get is Nebrasketball info from Robin. His contact is the staff so for the most part it's always good stuff. I know lately some weird stuff has happened with a few recruits, but usually when he says something going down...it's reliable.

My understanding when ScoFro took over (if any has better info correct me. I was told this and so far it seems like it's how it has played out.) he cut off the type of info they would get from Riley and co and then some. That's all media, not just Deano. It's basically, you will report the info we give you.....if you report things we don't like or press the envelope you lose that privilege.....and Bill Moos is ok with it. Part of me doesn't like that. Essentially what that sounds like to me is controlling the narrative. Scott has the keys to the mothership and he can do whatever he wants is how I understood it. I have noticed that really negative news tends to get dumped on a Friday after 5, or a weekend when people are doing things. However, the other part of me doesn't really care if that's the way it is. We all can see the product on the field. Inevitably it'll speak for itself.

Last edited:
It has to be tougher these days too. Early on there weren't a ton of people reporting on recruiting so most of the stuff they came out with was gold. Now, every Tom, Dick, and Harry is trying to break recruiting stories along with all the local news and newspapers. It can't be super easy to find a lot of exclusive info that everyone else isn't going to find out about that same day.

Hell I remember when we got Tommie Frazier way back in the day. It was a small, maybe 5 sentence, article in the OWH somewhere in the sports section. He was, I think, the top option QB at the time and it barely got a mention in the newspaper. Nowadays he would be a top story for a year straight on his recruitment/signing.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back