Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is my newfound infatuation with brandy (cognac, armagnac) unnecessary gayness?

New love of brandy making me the guy who wears leggings with no shorts at the gym?

• Total voters

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
What say you, folks? My spirits budget is annual and resets at the end of each calendar year. So as I'm gearing up for a clean slate of big dick alcohol purchases, I found myself a bit surprised at just how much my prospective bottles skew towards cognac, armagnac, and even rum versus my beloved whisky. I'm also more and more likely to spout off trivia about brandy to anyone who will politely listen. I still have a great deal of enthusiasm for scotch, but the prices keep going up and up, and I find fewer of the new releases excite me enough to deal with some of the hassles. Definitely not abandoning whisky, but I certainly do feel a somewhat structural shift in my spirit consumption practices occurring.

So, am I starting to flirt with @JoRoWI83 or @cwessel76 levels of unnecessary gayness? I trust you bros to let me know.

What say you, folks? My spirits budget is annual and resets at the end of each calendar year. So as I'm gearing up for a clean slate of big dick alcohol purchases, I found myself a bit surprised at just how much my prospective bottles skew towards cognac, armagnac, and even rum versus my beloved whisky. I'm also more and more likely to spout off trivia about brandy to anyone who will politely listen. I still have a great deal of enthusiasm for scotch, but the prices keep going up and up, and I find fewer of the new releases excite me enough to deal with some of the hassles. Definitely not abandoning whisky, but I certainly do feel a somewhat structural shift in my spirit consumption practices occurring.

So, am I starting to flirt with @JoRoWI83 or @cwessel76 levels of unnecessary gayness? I trust you bros to let me know.

You're good bro, this is the platinum board. Leave the cheap whisky and Busch light for the plebs on RSS.

High-end tequila is my go-to, darker Anejo's specifically. Don Julio 1942 is a good starter or Patron Anejo.

I am honored to be in your post.

The only people I’ve been around who drink brandy have been more black than gay.

Is this helpful, Johannes?

I have to be honest, the diction and pacing of this thread title makes me think there are a bunch of new replies to the "varna sankaras" thread that got the whole Indian subcontinent banned from the board.

Edited: correcting my mis-identification of the folks that seem to be fucking up India's conservative population with all of their debauchery. Of course it is the "varna sankara's" that are keeping the whole sub-continent down.

Enjoy your booze, OP, no matter how you are judged by message board folks. Happy Sailing.

Last edited:

You'll need to modify your budget to include a couple of heavy lead crystal brandy snifters.

iu

Be sure to pour warm-to-hot water in them to allow the crystal to warm, toss the water and replace with cognac. Snip the end off of a fine Cuban Montechristo #2, brown the tip - then light, and enjoy a magnificent self-indulgent experience.

Don't let the haters hate. In the right moment, a quality high end cognac properly enjoyed is an exceptional experience ... enjoyed by gay men the world over.

iu

One time when I was 18 my roommate bought me a bottle of cognac for Christmas. I thought it tasted absolutely terrible and haven't touched it since.
My family did Thanksgiving this year with our two close neighbors who have pretty similarly aged kids. It was a damned nice time. I bring it up, however, because I made Tom and Jerrys for the group. It was my first time ever making them on my own, and even my first time consuming them outside of dingy Omaha bars right around Christmas with my uncle (shout out to the Dubliner!).

Now some folks will use just whiskey or whiskey and rum combined, but many recipes call for using brandy. I did one that called for a half-shot of brandy and half-shot of rum in each serving. Since I was mixing in a very strongly-flavored cocktail, I wasn't about to waste any of my good stuff on this, so I went out and bought some Remy Martin VSOP. That's still slightly better than a lot of the stuff you're going to find on most liquor store shelves, but it's a far cry from the fancy and/or independent good stuff. I tried it neat a few times, and despite being a little up the chain, I wasn't the biggest fan. Nonetheless, the Tom and Jerrys were fantastic (protip: use warm milk instead of hot water).

Long story short: If you're going to be sipping it neat, you need to be a little bit of a douchebag about your cognac.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back