Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

If I’m Dylan

Never thought I’d see this place go full RSS.

Come to the Platinum board they said. It would be fun they said. The brightest minds, logical thinkers, and balanced fans…

the lord of the rings actor GIF
The RSS potato is a guy who will tell you things are going well or close when we're a mess.

The tPB potato is a guy who will tell you things are a mess when we're close or things are going well.

2 sides of the same coin, RSS scroller is trying to protect himself with denial, tPB scroller is trying to protect himself with cynicism.

The RSS potato is a guy who will tell you things are going well or close when we're a mess.

The tPB potato is a guy who will tell you things are a mess when we're close or things are going well.

2 sides of the same coin, RSS scroller is trying to protect himself with denial, tPB scroller is trying to protect himself with cynicism.
I'm ready to blame this loss on the strength and conditioning program. Our boys wouldn't be getting pushed around if they were listening to real music in the weight room like we were with Dooval.

100%. It's almost like we need to give a rorschach test before people can join the site.

@HuskerGarrett
Back in the day ... when Bomber, myself and others would joke about "we've been discussing this for a while over on the Platinum Board", one aspect of the standing gag was a referral to the "membership committee" (I'm proud to say Bomber referred to me as the Chairman of said fictional committee).

Perhaps with the perfect clarity that comes from hindsight, it wasn't such a bad idea after all. The notion of a trial period (view only until you see how the adults in the room behave) was bandied about earlier when this notion was raised in direct response to a few potato slingers who shall remain unnamed for civility purposes only (IYKYK).

With all of THAT said, some of you definitely lifted up your skirts and showed us your landing strip after the loss on Friday night. JFC, give it 24 hours before the alcohol processes out of your systems and you've had time to THINK about what you want to say before sharing it with the board. I'm embarrassed for some of y'all. IRL, if I were the membership chair, I'd put a few of you on ...

animal house dean GIF

Back in the day ... when Bomber, myself and others would joke about "we've been discussing this for a while over on the Platinum Board", one aspect of the standing gag was a referral to the "membership committee" (I'm proud to say Bomber referred to me as the Chairman of said fictional committee).

Perhaps with the perfect clarity that comes from hindsight, it wasn't such a bad idea after all. The notion of a trial period (view only until you see how the adults in the room behave) was bandied about earlier when this notion was raised in direct response to a few potato slingers who shall remain unnamed for civility purposes only (IYKYK).

With all of THAT said, some of you definitely lifted up your skirts and showed us your landing strip after the loss on Friday night. JFC, give it 24 hours before the alcohol processes out of your systems and you've had time to THINK about what you want to say before sharing it with the board. I'm embarrassed for some of y'all. IRL, if I were the membership chair, I'd put a few of you on ...

animal house dean GIF
That's funny because sometimes Bomber would just fly off the handle over things. I say this because I knew him personally. Sad story, but one of my last conversations with him was Denny chewing me out about changing the size of bottle I used for my BBQ sauce. Sad to say we never really reconciled it before he suddenly passed.

Never change, Husker fans. Frost shit on this program for five years, and yet he was given a free pass. Some of you—yes, even posters in this thread—blamed the players instead of holding Frost and his coaching staff accountable for the disaster. Now, we’re just 16 games into Rhule’s tenure, after the first loss of the year, and already some of you are throwing in the towel and shifting the blame again. Unbelievable.

Be upset Nebraska lost a game they had a real shot at winning—that’s fair. But the narrative that Rhule is already failing, based on what you’ve seen in just 16 games, is pretty sad. Rhule is trying to clean up the mess left by a coach who never took responsibility for anything. What do you expect? That he should somehow achieve in under two years what Frost couldn’t manage in five? Come on.

We’ve got what could be the best true QB Nebraska has ever seen, and he’s still only a freshman. Oh, and by the way, NU is allowed to improve as the season goes on. But I guess some of you think you’ve already seen enough.

TL;DR: Stop bitching. Enjoy the ride and hope NU keeps growing and moving in the right direction, as NU is still only 16 games into a new coach's tenure, all while trying to clean up the mess from the previous dipshit HC, who blamed everyone but himself.
It doesn't help that half this board is seemingly "on the spectrum" and can't detect obvious sarcasm

It doesn't help that half this board is seemingly "on the spectrum" and can't detect obvious sarcasm
This board was designed to be a good place for Husker fans to come talk and get the best info without all the bullshit. Trolling was some of the bullshit this board was meant to leave behind at RSS. Trolling here and anything Dean does are on the same level of stupidity.

This board was designed to be a good place for Husker fans to come talk and get the best info without all the bullshit. Trolling was some of the bullshit this board was meant to leave behind at RSS. Trolling here and anything Dean does are on the same level of stupidity.

I know and it was that way for good while, but that's a goal that's incompatible with a growth strategy. Because as you grow, you're by definition going to bring in both more taters and people who are unfamiliar with what tPB was meant to be (plus people then tend to post hotter takes to stand out). As posts become more ridiculous, people want to parody that ridiculousness.

I know and it was that way for good while, but that's a goal that's incompatible with a growth strategy. Because as you grow, you're by definition going to bring in both more taters and people who are unfamiliar with what tPB was meant to be (plus people then tend to post hotter takes to stand out). As posts become more ridiculous, people want to parody that ridiculousness.
Sorry

I think there should have been much more selectiveness to the growth and would be ok if trolling like that were removed, but thats a discussion for a different time too.

animal house dean GIF
How about a CAPTCHA where prospective members have to identify the admins out of a panel of 9 random dick pics?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back