Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

If I’m Dylan

I was at the game club level right where that 4th and 1 happened. It was so obvious he was short in person. That and there was a pass that the IL defender had his hand around the receivers hip and was turning him and it wasn’t called. Those are the only two egregious ones I can think of. I was also pretty drunk.

Last edited:
For a team that made their entire offseason about doing the little things right that lead you to winning these types of games how am I suppose to conduct myself? They just pretty much showed that none of it mattered.
I’m having trouble reconciling posts like this with the fact that you were as patient as can be with Frost, defending him and expecting him to turn the corner deep into his tenure. Am I remembering wrong about that?

CsHU-t.gif

I’m having trouble reconciling posts like this with the fact that you were as patient as can be with Frost, defending him and expecting him to turn the corner deep into his tenure. Am I remembering wrong about that?

So I can’t have certain opinions based on the idea that I was wrong previously?

If you’d like to set that precedent we don’t have a message board anymore because nobody would get to opine anything.

The bottom line is we had an opportunity to win a game at home we were favored in against a ranked team; and the things that have plagued this program for around a decade showed up and we lost.

Huge opportunity literally pissed down the drain in classic Nebraska fashion.

I'm extremely guilty of this and know for sure I've been called out on it numerous times over on HOL. Simple fact is yes, I myself, gave too much slack to Frost and the fellas, willing to give as much time as needed. I was told numerous times I was dead wrong because of how Frost and the boys went about their business. I made excuses constantly. Well, for me, just isn't the case anymore. We shouldn't have lost that game Friday night. Quite frankly, Foley probably should have a job this morning. We needed to pay a big time kicker in the offseason. Dylan is a 5 star QB who should have made that throw. We should be 4-0 right now. Friday night was on the program as a whole, and yeah they did spend an entire offseason hyping up fixing small details and culture and shit like that. And we get a sideline scuffle when things were going poorly. No more excuses. Figure it out ASAP, win games. They all get paid a shit load of money to be a big time program. Act like it and make it happen.

So I can’t have certain opinions based on the idea that I was wrong previously?

If you’d like to set that precedent we don’t have a message board anymore because nobody would get to opine anything.

The bottom line is we had an opportunity to win a game at home we were favored in against a ranked team; and the things that have plagued this program for around a decade showed up and we lost.

Huge opportunity literally pissed down the drain in classic Nebraska fashion.

I'm extremely guilty of this and know for sure I've been called out on it numerous times over on HOL. Simple fact is yes, I myself, gave too much slack to Frost and the fellas, willing to give as much time as needed. I was told numerous times I was dead wrong because of how Frost and the boys went about their business. I made excuses constantly. Well, for me, just isn't the case anymore. We shouldn't have lost that game Friday night. Quite frankly, Foley probably should have a job this morning. We needed to pay a big time kicker in the offseason. Dylan is a 5 star QB who should have made that throw. We should be 4-0 right now. Friday night was on the program as a whole, and yeah they did spend an entire offseason hyping up fixing small details and culture and shit like that. And we get a sideline scuffle when things were going poorly. No more excuses. Figure it out ASAP, win games. They all get paid a shit load of money to be a big time program. Act like it and make it happen.
I guess I get that, I just give each coach a reset and don't hold the previous staff's failures against them. Frost had clear patterns happening for his entire tenure, I tried to ignore them and hope for the best too, but Rhule is in year 2 and despite the frustrating loss we are in the midst of our best start in 8 years... I'm willing to wait and see what does and doesn't become a pattern for his tenure before getting all pissed off about not having everything mastered yet.

I guess I get that, I just give each coach a reset and don't hold the previous staff's failures against them. Frost had clear patterns happening for his entire tenure, I tried to ignore them and hope for the best too, but Rhule is in year 2 and despite the frustrating loss we are in the midst of our best start in 8 years... I'm willing to wait and see what does and doesn't become a pattern for his tenure before getting all pissed off about not having everything mastered yet.

It’s extremely tough to not hold coaches accountable for the sins of the previous staff. It certainly happens and it likely happening here to an extent.

For the record, I’m not unhappy with the product that Rhule is putting on the field to this point and I’m not calling for anyone to be fired. That would be ridiculous.

I wanted that one Friday and I thought we played well enough all around to get it. Very frustrating to see that we are still not over previous habits and they’re still costing us important games.

I would say I'm just more or less not dismissing Rhule of any blame this time around, like I did probably in the first 3ish years of Frost. Frost couldn't do anything wrong in my mind until pretty late in his tenure. All player fault's is where my mind was. Now, player and staff for me. I don't think that's unfair.

A lot of beta potato posts on the board since Friday. We're still 3-1 and the future is bright. Yes we had a golden opportunity to get a key win last Friday and pissed ourselves but I'm far from giving up hope on the season. Our goals are still in front of us. Beat the life out of Purdon't and we're back on track.

The reaction of a lot of this board is ridiculous. We lost one game to a ranked team that is going to turn out to be pretty good. There is a good amount things we can do better yes and a lot the team can learn from this game.

So many people are mental midgets, it’s game fucking 4, if Rhule is who we think he is the team will learn, grow, make adjustments and fight again next week. People need to get a grip
Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Stunning. Painful loss, yes. End of days, no.

Never change, Husker fans. Frost shit on this program for five years, and yet he was given a free pass. Some of you—yes, even posters in this thread—blamed the players instead of holding Frost and his coaching staff accountable for the disaster. Now, we’re just 16 games into Rhule’s tenure, after the first loss of the year, and already some of you are throwing in the towel and shifting the blame again. Unbelievable.

Be upset Nebraska lost a game they had a real shot at winning—that’s fair. But the narrative that Rhule is already failing, based on what you’ve seen in just 16 games, is pretty sad. Rhule is trying to clean up the mess left by a coach who never took responsibility for anything. What do you expect? That he should somehow achieve in under two years what Frost couldn’t manage in five? Come on.

We’ve got what could be the best true QB Nebraska has ever seen, and he’s still only a freshman. Oh, and by the way, NU is allowed to improve as the season goes on. But I guess some of you think you’ve already seen enough.

TL;DR: Stop bitching. Enjoy the ride and hope NU keeps growing and moving in the right direction, as NU is still only 16 games into a new coach's tenure, all while trying to clean up the mess from the previous dipshit HC, who blamed everyone but himself.

The Frost lovers who "figured it out" once it was completely obvious Frost was a goner are like cult survivors. It's sad and not entirely their fault but I wouldn't trust their judgment or analysis in practically any situation.
I know the season will turn out fine. I still think 7-9 wins is very doable. Just really aggravated at another 1 score loss/meltdown in a game we should have won, in a fashion that's identical to the last half decade, with a solid opportunity to finally put all the bullshit to bed, finally. That's all

I know the season will turn out fine. I still think 7-9 wins is very doable. Just really aggravated at another 1 score loss/meltdown in a game we should have won, in a fashion that's identical to the last half decade, with a solid opportunity to finally put all the bullshit to bed, finally. That's all
I didn't reply to you bc I wasn't referring to you specifically, unless you fit my criteria I guess. 🤷‍♂️

It is frustrating. Nothing wrong with being frustrated.

If people are just going to be run-of-the-mill fans who post their feelings all day that's fine. They are what they are but it's pretty annoying when they act like they know wtf they're talking about.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back