Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

If I’m Dylan

The thing that makes this one hard to take is that there is no other top 4-6 big ten team that isn’t able to make a 39 yard field goal.

Getting beat because we can’t do simple things like this that everyone else can is very tough for me to accept.
The defending national champs might lose this game because they had an extra point blocked by a USC team that had 10 defenders on the field.

Still, we should’ve made that field goal.

You can’t talk about Neyor’s play and expect everything else to remain the same if he catches it. Who knows how different the game is? What different decisions are made, etc.

Talking about the field goal that was missed and/or a potential Lindenmeyer TD is fair, however.

Had one of those two plays happened my tune is 180 the other way because Nebraska found a way to win against a quality opponent instead of losing in the same fashion it has for the last 8 years.

I just watched Nebraska commit 60 yards of personal foul penalties on defense, miss a field goal, let a team score in overtime on 2 plays, and not gain a single yard in overtime.

I am irate because I think this Husker team is pretty good or has the potential to be. But the absolute stupidity last night made me question that. It has nothing to do with losing to a ranked team in overtime and has everything to do with the stupidity that let it get to that point.
Bit of you can acknowledge that your view is 180 degrees different if Raiola makes that throw or we hit the subsequent FG, then you have to recognize that maybe you shouldn’t have such a wildly varying opinion of the team based on the outcome of two plays that just came down to players not executing.

Dylan is really really good and he’ll make that throw more often than not. It sucks that he didn’t last night, but this is not an indictment of the progress that the team had made.

Bit of you can acknowledge that your view is 180 degrees different if Raiola makes that throw or we hit the subsequent FG, then you have to recognize that maybe you shouldn’t have such a wildly varying opinion of the team based on the outcome of two plays that just came down to players not executing.

Dylan is really really good and he’ll make that throw more often than not. It sucks that he didn’t last night, but this is not an indictment of the progress that the team had made.

For a team that made their entire offseason about doing the little things right that lead you to winning these types of games how am I suppose to conduct myself? They just pretty much showed that none of it mattered.

For a team that made their entire offseason about doing the little things right that lead you to winning these types of games how am I suppose to conduct myself? They just pretty much showed that none of it mattered.
Can you not acknowledge that we’re playing better football this year? That we’re taking care of the ball more and forcing more turnovers on defense?

You don’t go from sucking to perfect in one offseason. Let’s see if they can keep improving.

Can you not acknowledge that we’re playing better football this year? That we’re taking care of the ball more and forcing more turnovers on defense?

You don’t go from sucking to perfect in one offseason. Let’s see if they can keep improving.
The reaction of a lot of this board is ridiculous. We lost one game to a ranked team that is going to turn out to be pretty good. There is a good amount things we can do better yes and a lot the team can learn from this game.

So many people are mental midgets, it’s game fucking 4, if Rhule is who we think he is the team will learn, grow, make adjustments and fight again next week. People need to get a grip

He added another kicker to the roster in March. Unless there was a great transfer kicker available in the portal after spring practice then I’m not sure what you would expect him to do.

I agree that we need to find a kicker, but that’s not always as easy as it sounds, especially when you have injuries at the position.

Go buy a good kicker. We knew Alvano was shaky. Spend some NIL $ at a position of obvious weakness.

Fuck. I was thinking the same thing. If I'm Dylan last night I'm banging a 5 star and then eating a steak.
Currently on pace to finish the regular season with the 5th most passing yards in a season by a Nebraska QB, and 3rd most TDs in a season. Great start. (Knock on wood)

Don't get me started on the refs. This is a fraud on all of college football. This is an embarrassment to our conference. We were getting ready to win this game. Frankly, we did win this game.

We beat UTEP. We beat Colorado, we beat Colorado by 18 points and didn't even try in the second half. It’s also clear that we beat Illinois. We’re up by 7 points with only a quarter left. All night the refs were gifting Illinois points, gifting them illegal points. All season even. If you go back to the beginning, Tony White has probably only given up 10 legal points all year. Then Illinois comes along with their fat little coach and we're expected to believe we gave up 24 points? No. If you only count the legal points this game it's 24-10 Nebraska. Heck it probably should be 31-10 Nebraska. It's a disgrace and I'm sick of it.
Reffing is really bad in a lot of places (and TBF, it's a crazy hard job that's gonna have plenty of human error on a good day).

But I thought for sure with a super personable and friendly coach like Rhule that we'd stop getting the shaft or vendettas on a regular basis after the prickly or arrogant demeanor of some of our past few coaches.

For some reason, though, we seem to still regularly be getting the short end of the stick at a rate that defies it being random. Gotta overcome it, but just one more thing that makes the build more difficult.

Reffing is really bad in a lot of places (and TBF, it's a crazy hard job that's gonna have plenty of human error on a good day).

But I thought for sure with a super personable and friendly coach like Rhule that we'd stop getting the shaft or vendettas on a regular basis after the prickly or arrogant demeanor of some of our past few coaches.

For some reason, though, we seem to still regularly be getting the short end of the stick at a rate that defies it being random. Gotta overcome it, but just one more thing that makes the build more difficult.
That post was mostly sarcasm but yeah we will forever be screwed by refs apparently.

I'm not gonna blame this loss on the refs. But there were some bad calls/ no calls that went against us. We got away with the obvious facemask, but otherwise that was about it in our favor. We still beat ourselves, though. Had some real dumb ass decisions that got penalties. Can't win liike that.

As far as the seeming long term reffing bias against us on the whole - I think we have gotten generally the short end of the stick for a decade and a half of more. Seems like a sign of disrespect by the refs in general for us. We have to earn respect, and going total turtle mode in 4th qtrs of games for at least a decade running doesn't generate respect.

Don't get me started on the refs. This is a fraud on all of college football. This is an embarrassment to our conference. We were getting ready to win this game. Frankly, we did win this game.

We beat UTEP. We beat Colorado, we beat Colorado by 18 points and didn't even try in the second half. It’s also clear that we beat Illinois. We’re up by 7 points with only a quarter left. All night the refs were gifting Illinois points, gifting them illegal points. All season even. If you go back to the beginning, Tony White has probably only given up 10 legal points all year. Then Illinois comes along with their fat little coach and we're expected to believe we gave up 24 points? No. If you only count the legal points this game it's 24-10 Nebraska. Heck it probably should be 31-10 Nebraska. It's a disgrace and I'm sick of it.
Maybe there’s a reason good teams will put up 60, 70, 80 points a game when they can. Their good players play 3-4 quarters of football early and know how to do so when it matters. Ours were trained to play a half.

I'm not gonna blame this loss on the refs. But there were some bad calls/ no calls that went against us. We got away with the obvious facemask, but otherwise that was about it in our favor. We still beat ourselves, though. Had some real dumb ass decisions that got penalties. Can't win liike that.

As far as the seeming long term reffing bias against us on the whole - I think we have gotten generally the short end of the stick for a decade and a half of more. Seems like a sign of disrespect by the refs in general for us. We have to earn respect, and going total turtle mode in 4th qtrs of games for at least a decade running doesn't generate respect.
Yeah, I'm not blaming this one on the refs either. Just another game where things were tilted and that much more difficult.

What outside of the last one in OT....what calls on NU did you feel like were unfair? It looked to me like every PF call was correct.

Let's face it, we shit the bed on Friday. Had nothing to do with the refs.

What outside of the last one in OT....what calls on NU did you feel like were unfair? It looked to me like every PF call was correct.

Let's face it, we shit the bed on Friday. Had nothing to do with the refs.

In the first half, their DB was draped all over our WR in the endzone. Should have been DPI and a first and goal for us.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back