Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

If I’m Dylan

In the fourth quarter they gave our offense a short field with a strip sack and then they forced a punt on Illinois’ last drive when they had a chance to end the game.

They didn’t play great, but they absolutely did enough to win. Bottom line is if we’re just a fraction better in any of the three phases last night then we win in regulation. It was a team loss by a razor thin margin.

The thing that makes this one hard to take is that there is no other top 4-6 big ten team that isn’t able to make a 39 yard field goal.

Getting beat because we can’t do simple things like this that everyone else can is very tough for me to accept.

The thing that makes this one hard to take is that there is no other top 4-6 big ten team that isn’t able to make a 39 yard field goal.

Getting beat because we can’t do simple things like this that everyone else can is very tough for me to accept.
I’d imagine that Rhule hates it too. What would you like him to do about it right now in week 5 of the season?

I was thinking Dylan throws to spots, I'm guessing he was expecting a guy that wasn't so slow to make that catch. How often has he practiced throwing bombs to our 4th string TE?
There is no way they haven’t repped that play.

No one is blaming the loss on DR, but we can’t on the one hand talk about what a prodigy he is and then on the other say he shouldn’t be expected to know who he is throwing that pass to.

He just threw it too long. It happens.

I mean… I would have liked to have had this identified and handled in December/January or May at the latest when he said this area was keeping him up at night.
He added another kicker to the roster in March. Unless there was a great transfer kicker available in the portal after spring practice then I’m not sure what you would expect him to do.

I agree that we need to find a kicker, but that’s not always as easy as it sounds, especially when you have injuries at the position.

It's inexcusable

Dylan is as good as gone. It's widely known that he committed to Nebraska because Rhule promised he would go undefeated. If or when NU loses a game, it seems inevitable that he'll leave. I wouldn’t be surprised if he redshirts the rest of the season and transfers out after the semester. 😏

Oh well. It was a good run.
This will get bites. 😂

He added another kicker to the roster in March. Unless there was a great transfer kicker available in the portal after spring practice then I’m not sure what you would expect him to do.

I agree that we need to find a kicker, but that’s not always as easy as it sounds, especially when you have injuries at the position.

Nobody expected building a winning program to be easy. Thats why Matt Rhule and his entire staff get paid handsomely to handle this.

I’m done with it.

You can’t fake the harvest and here is where we are.

We are “Chasing 3” and we don’t even have someone capable of scoring 3.

Way too extreme here.
Dave Chappelle Gotcha GIF

Nobody expected building a winning program to be easy. Thats why Matt Rhule and his entire staff get paid handsomely to handle this.

I’m done with it.

I like you man, but you sound like a hysterical woman. Faking the harvest? You’re done with it? We’re 3-1 with our only loss to a ranked team in overtime.

What would you be saying today if Neyor holds onto the ball and Dylan puts the ball into Lindenmeyer’s hands and we win by 14?

I’m done with it.

I think we should bring Frost back because when he was here, it was obvious it was the players fault for not executing.

Now it’s obvious it’s Rhule and the coaches fault. 😉

I like you man, but you sound like a hysterical woman. Faking the harvest? You’re done with it? We’re 3-1 with our only loss to a ranked team in overtime.

What would you be saying today if Neyor holds onto the ball and Dylan puts the ball into Lindenmeyer’s hands and we win by 14?

You can’t talk about Neyor’s play and expect everything else to remain the same if he catches it. Who knows how different the game is? What different decisions are made, etc.

Talking about the field goal that was missed and/or a potential Lindenmeyer TD is fair, however.

Had one of those two plays happened my tune is 180 the other way because Nebraska found a way to win against a quality opponent instead of losing in the same fashion it has for the last 8 years.

I just watched Nebraska commit 60 yards of personal foul penalties on defense, miss a field goal, let a team score in overtime on 2 plays, and not gain a single yard in overtime.

I am irate because I think this Husker team is pretty good or has the potential to be. But the absolute stupidity last night made me question that. It has nothing to do with losing to a ranked team in overtime and has everything to do with the stupidity that let it get to that point.

Don't get me started on the refs. This is a fraud on all of college football. This is an embarrassment to our conference. We were getting ready to win this game. Frankly, we did win this game.

We beat UTEP. We beat Colorado, we beat Colorado by 18 points and didn't even try in the second half. It’s also clear that we beat Illinois. We’re up by 7 points with only a quarter left. All night the refs were gifting Illinois points, gifting them illegal points. All season even. If you go back to the beginning, Tony White has probably only given up 10 legal points all year. Then Illinois comes along with their fat little coach and we're expected to believe we gave up 24 points? No. If you only count the legal points this game it's 24-10 Nebraska. Heck it probably should be 31-10 Nebraska. It's a disgrace and I'm sick of it.

Dylan is as good as gone. It's widely known that he committed to Nebraska because Rhule promised he would go undefeated. If or when NU loses a game, it seems inevitable that he'll leave. I wouldn’t be surprised if he redshirts the rest of the season and transfers out after the semester. 😏

Oh well. It was a good run.
Lol when did he make a promise to go undefeated? That's a really fucking stupid guarantee to give so I'm having a hard time thinking that's anything close to the truth.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back