Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I’m going to run a Nebraska NCAA 14 Dynasty on YouTube. Who should I have the coach be? EDIT: check out my YouTube series it’s the bee’s knees (1 Viewer)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Haven’t posted in a while but still going strong GBR NFM

We Need a Get-Right Game!!! - CFB Revamped / NCAA 14 Nebraska Dynasty - E70 (S3 G7 vs. Indiana)

Is revamped harder than regular NCAA 14?

Always found it tough to lose on Heisman mode unless I threw 4-5 picks

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is revamped harder than regular NCAA 14?

Always found it tough to lose on Heisman mode unless I threw 4-5 picks

The base game is effectively the same game play as revamped. However the community has come out with some tweaks, including some back end changes that make it more challenging in my opinion. Sliders help a lot too. I also have a lot of house rules that keep it competitive.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The base game is effectively the same game play as revamped. However the community has come out with some tweaks, including some back end changes that make it more challenging in my opinion. Sliders help a lot too. I also have a lot of house rules that keep it competitive.
I may need to adjust some of those.

Outside of just making it unfair (lowering all your teams attributes via house rules) I never really figured out which things to tweak to make it more competitive.

Can you play revamped with an X360 version of the game?

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I may need to adjust some of those.

Outside of just making it unfair (lowering all your teams attributes via house rules) I never really figured out which things to tweak to make it more competitive.

Can you play revamped with an X360 version of the game?

I house rule stuff like play calling, off season attrition, recruiting, etc.

Revamped is on Xbox 360 but you need a modded console.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
What do you mean house rule stuff

Limit my play calling to take out money plays, I make myself select from one of the three suggested plays. Can only run three zone reads per half. Don’t switch defenders on defense - stick with one guy the whole play. Can only QB spy on defense on 3rd down. No returning kicks or punts unless trailing in the 4th quarter.

I also limit what caliber of player I can recruit from which state based on program prestige. NO SCOUTING of recruits until they commit. I cut random players each year to get attrition closer to real life rates. Fang’s recruiting overhaul and transfer overhaul. Dynasty tool for player progression and draft declaration.

I drop injury ratings of all my players by 20-80 points (depending on position) to get a realistic number if injuries.

Put all that together with CGator’s Sliders and Newb’s playbooks and the game plays pretty well and stays challenging and engaging. You can always impose stricter recruiting restrictions and make the sliders more difficult also.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds