Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How is Dean going to put a positive Spin on the Spring Game?

The only thing I want to know from RSS, is Dean’s future replacement pointing out irrelevant shit

My guess would be all the new personnel and new coaches. I have no worries Deano and Sip will figure something out.

I’m sort of expecting Nebraska to get 6 or 7 wins next year (it’s an incredibly easy schedule) and, you watch, it’ll be spun as a massive success by the media….

6 or 7 wins, in a Nebraska HC’s 5th season, which would also be his best season as NU HC. I have no idea why any of this is being allowed 🤮

Last edited:
My guess would be all the new personnel and new coaches. I have no worries Deano and Sip will figure something out.

I’m sort of expecting Nebraska to get 6 or 7 wins next year (it’s an incredibly easy schedule) and, you watch, it’ll be spun as a massive success by the media….

6 or 7 wins, in a Nebraska HC’s 5th season, which would also be his best season as NU HC. I have no idea why any of this is being allowed 🤮

Bc SF played for Tom Osborne, which matters more than winning to many, perhaps most.

Bc SF played for Tom Osborne, which matters more than winning to many, perhaps most.
Still blows my mind that’s proven to be true. The majority would rather lose with one of their own than win with an “outsider”

Tim And Eric Mind Blown GIF

Been too busy to watch the Spring Game but so far not hearing many positive things. I know he has to create hype to sell subscriptions but this will have to be some of his best work.

As I said from the beginning, you can't learn much from a glorified scrimmage. Heck, they were thudding in the 1st half with the top units. I'm not sure what everyone wants as they only had 50 scholarship players, and also went vanilla to not show anything to Northwestern. Thanks.

Next week when I host Bussin With Mongo @ Cunningham's in Kearney, I'll share the inside scoop on how huge of a recruiting weekend this was. I will also be at Firethorn as the guest speaker for the ABM fund raiser on April 23rd. -- Dean Callahan

By the way, I do think you can't really tell jack shit from a scrimmage unless you see a whole half of top units that includes tackling. One thing that stood out to me was they seemed more athletic in some areas; especially on defense. It also seems our backfield and skill positions (excluding TE's) looks deeper than the past.

Still blows my mind that’s proven to be true. The majority would rather lose with one of their own than win with an “outsider”

Tim And Eric Mind Blown GIF
It makes me cringe every time they pop up the 15-29 record and 10-25 conference record on tv. I never thought I would see a day it was that bad. I also never thought I would see a day we gave a coach this much time even being a Husker. It will be more laughable when he wins 6 games this year and we keep him.

I'm far past the point of constantly bitching about it at this point. Let's not turn this into more than it really is. The reality is the spring game really did not mean anything. Frost is either going to pull out a winning season this year or he's more than likely gone. We might as well hold out hope that the season is actually a success.

It makes me cringe every time they pop up the 15-29 record and 10-25 conference record on tv. I never thought I would see a day it was that bad. I also never thought I would see a day we gave a coach this much time even being a Husker. It will be more laughable when he wins 6 games this year and we keep him.
Nebraska as a football program thinks it’s a temporarily embarrassed meme of what a football program should be. We are the program that is not “in on the joke.”

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back