Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

High school coach feedback about staff

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I haven't read this because I don't have an RSS membership anymore but reading other boards the gist of the article seems to be that we are a tad bit disorganized. Can folks who have read this confirm what it is being said?

If it is true that we are disorganized then I'm just going to go ahead and blame Held for this since he is the recruiting coordinator and because I'd like to see Held move on and Busch become the new recruiting coordinator.

It seemed that the No Communication to Positive perception and Communication with the staff ratio was about 2:1, or maybe even a little higher. Most respondents said no contact with the staff at all.

Long story sort, some coaches aren't contacted at all, some are contacted more, and the ones that aren't contacted are butt hurt about it. Zero context on who could be who though so hard to judge.
What coaches did they send this to? Are they all class A? Class B too? Certainly not Class C or lower right? B would be a stretch.

My takeaway is that the local coaches seem like real starfuckers. Listen up head coach of Lincoln Northeast, Scott Frost doesn't owe you a sit down just because you hold a clipboard. Give him a reason to think your program is important and I'm sure you'll hear from him. His job is to build the Nebraska program with quality players, not to feed the ego of insecure high school coaches. One of the comments was saying that Scott needs to give them more practice access. What the hell for?

My takeaway is that the local coaches seem like real starfuckers. Listen up head coach of Lincoln Northeast, Scott Frost doesn't owe you a sit down just because you hold a clipboard. Give him a reason to think your program is important and I'm sure you'll hear from him. His job is to build the Nebraska program with quality players, not to feed the ego of insecure high school coaches. One of the comments was saying that Scott needs to give them more practice access. What the hell for?
Thank you. Frost doesn't owe them shit. His job is to win football games. Not blow the local high school coaches.

My take is how many of the schools with negative comments have D1 level talent or even D2 on their teams. I’m pretty sure Dean tried to bring up that these coaches have walk-ons though. IMO, that doesn’t mean Scott should be calling these guys constantly. Would an email or call here or there hurt? No. But develop good players first and then the argument is there.

My take is how many of the schools with negative comments have D1 level talent or even D2 on their teams. I’m pretty sure Dean tried to bring up that these coaches have walk-ons though. IMO, that doesn’t mean Scott should be calling these guys constantly. Would an email or call here or there hurt? No. But develop good players first and then the argument is there.
This is my stance as well. I coach for a class B equivalent school and there are two D2 basketball programs in the state. We've finished top 5 a handful of times in my 11 years but we've really only had one kid who was D2 worthy. There are a lot fewer schools in Alaska compared to Nebraska but I'm just happy we get free basketball tickets to University of Alaska Anchorage games.

This times a million. I could give two shits less if Ogallala’s coach was contacted by Frost. Bellevue West is a different story.

Other than the upcoming class Frost has done pretty well in-state recruiting it seems

I Still blame Ryan Held maballs...he should be yanked before the wizard, or do they yank each other knowing what a cushy job they have? Underperform and still get paid the chedda'

Speak English.
Ryan Held sucks, Verdu is hyped more than he should be, they get paid lots of money but underperform....

happy eric cartman GIF by South Park

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back