Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Help me out on our D scheme.

Pro_V_DMB

Linebacker
Elite Member
I’m a dumb tater when it comes to our D scheme, but it seems like it’s a poor one.

Why do we run a weak 4-3.. with 2 edges that barely weight 250? Wouldn’t it make more sense to go back to a 3-4 like last year? Robinson and Drew as the ends, with Wynn as the nose. Keep Nelson and Mathis/ Tannor as OLB and another end depending on situations.

This whole scheme of having Robinson and Feist as interior, with Mathis and Nelson as edges, is working as well as Waterboy trying to undo a senior sorority girls new bra.

I thought it was the let’s put our dbs 20 yards off the ball and let the offense throw underneath every play

Right they don't understand that you can't continue to run zone coverage if you have 0 pass rush. Common sense I know.

Its completely fucked, basically a 2-4-5. Robinson and Fiest at tackles with a rotation of Nelson, Mathis and Tannor at ends. Middle is Reimer and Henrich. Secondary is Hill, Newsome, Farmer, Buford. Nickle is Gifford/Kolarevic. We are very undersized on the line with Fiest and the 2 linebackers playing ends. No push and its allowing the o line to reach the backers with ease. Unfortunately with little to no pash rush the soft zone we constantly in getting smoked easily. Gifford and Kolarevic are on an island guarding the slot and sometimes 4-5 yards away from the reciever when he catches the ball. I hate to say this but I dont see this getting any better during conference play, the d line is in terrible shape and the scheme doesn't fit the personal. Minnesota, Illinois and Wisconsin could get ugly very quickly. Cockeye might drop 28 on us. Purdoodoo could have huge holes in our zone to exploit. If I was Chinander I drop the soft zone and press man the corners and pray they dont get beat deep. Fiest is a good story but is losing his gap 9/10 times. Drew might the best replacement. Farmer need to take a game or two off on the bench and try some other players.

Would love to see us keep doing that zone blitz look we started with

6 or 7 at the line drop off different guys to coverage each snap

We already have a bad defense - might as well try to hit the home run every snap. These guys aren’t winning some prize fight where you trade best shots. Play the Confusion game and try not to confuse yourself

My guess is it’s just our DTs are bad, Gifford isn’t Domann, and there’s some freshman communication issues. We also aren’t doing a lot of the things we did over the last couple years like stemming our front. D is a shell of last year

My guess is it’s just our DTs are bad, Gifford isn’t Domann, and there’s some freshman communication issues. We also aren’t doing a lot of the things we did over the last couple years like stemming our front. D is a shell of last year
It doesn’t help Jordon Riley and Casey Rogers are starting for Oregon now.

Yeah “just” all of that

I believe “chins” calls it “run around and do stuff” scheme. It doesn’t work.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back