Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fox article say Ochaun Mathis is part of Dline (2 Viewers)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

View attachment 7681
beaver GIF

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
That would be nice but that part of the article that was shared is a severe case of wish casting. Not only does it claim that we have captured a coveted Dline transfer but goes on to say that Frost is on the cusp of playing for and maybe winning a Big 10 championship. Whoever wrote that might want to tap the brakes a bit. Frost hasn't had a winning season here yet.

If that person is so wrong about our current situation it wouldn't surprise me that their info about the dlineman is off too.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Dear lord I want this to be true, but it’s more than likely a case of a clueless writer than a slip of inside information.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I figured Nebraska missed on him with all the offers that went out yesterday

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I figured Nebraska missed on him with all the offers that went out yesterday
Saw we offered the twins DE's from North Texas plus the edge from GTech. They look legit, it would be great to add two bodies at that position, but Mathis looks like a freak.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Where’s this kid from? Wasn’t there a kid from TCU that everyone was saying is overrated by a long shot? This isn’t him is it?

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member

Saying he’s “down to Texas and Nebraska” is a misrepresentation of what Farrell actually said. Here is Farrell’s actual take:

Farrell’s Take: Mathis is a very good player who showed the last two seasons he can chase the passer and make big plays at the right time. Texas seems to have the edge with the Patterson connection but he's taking his time which means he's carefully looking at others. Whoever gets him, and it could very well be a Texas-Nebraska battle, gets an immediate boost to their pass rush and a guy who could be in the NFL this season if he wanted to be.”

He’s saying this bc us and Texas are the two schools with former TCU coaches on staff. That’s all he’s going off of.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds