Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

East Balcony Tickets (1 Viewer)

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
Anyone on here have East Balcony tickets before this year?

Our's were there for many years and due to the change of that area to club seats this year athletic dept expected a massive donation to keep them.

We did not opt for that, today wife got the invoice to renew our tickets and the seats are listed as TBD.

Yeah like I'm going to pay big bucks for tickets not knowing where they are going to be, considering one of the areas they told us we could be moved is the NE corner of North Stadium.

Anyone else seeing similar TBD on their renewal invoice?

realbp

Linebacker
Elite Member
That's where my tickets were. I got rid of them last year. What are they asking for donation?

realbp

Linebacker
Elite Member
That's double what I was paying. I do love that section though. It was the best value in the stadium.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Minimum $1500 per seat.

Increasing as you go towards the 50 yard line/
My uncles seats are over there and not far from the 50 yard line. I believe they are hitting him up for $2,500/seat. He has 3 seats, probably not going to renew them. That's close to $10,000 for those tickets for the next season.

kaz36

Linebacker
Elite Member
My grandparents had season tickets in the east balcony since Devaney's first year. In the late 70's or early 80's, they passed the tickets on to my parents who have had them since. When the seat licensing fee came about, they were grandfathered in on the donation requirement(although they did donate some to the university). They knew at some point that the grandfathering would come to an end and understood it. With turning the east balcony into club seating, that caused them to either increase their donation, move seats or cancel them altogether. Like I said, my parents understood that there would be a day when this would happen.

My parents were getting older and didn't go to all of the games. They would give them to family. My mom passed away a year ago and my dad is now 86 and really doesn't want to go to any games anymore, but has chosen to be moved and will go to whatever games he can and give the rest away to family. Personally, I haven't been to a game in a few years mainly due to the fact that I had a son played college football and his schedule usually conflicted with the Husker games and when it didn't, I just preferred to watch the games on TV. It kind of sucks that these tickets are going away as they were on about the S35 yard line and great seats, but my dad's desire to keep them where they are at, just isn't there and I don't blame him. He told me that if we hadn't sucked for the last few years, that he may have thought about keeping them.

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
That's double what I was paying. I do love that section though. It was the best value in the stadium.
I agree great seats for actually watching the game, and with the changes the concessions were literally a few steps behind the seats.
My uncles seats are over there and not far from the 50 yard line. I believe they are hitting him up for $2,500/seat. He has 3 seats, probably not going to renew them. That's close to $10,000 for those tickets for the next season.
Everyone I know this is the same sentiment, I hope they have a long waiting list for club seats.
My grandparents had season tickets in the east balcony since Devaney's first year. In the late 70's or early 80's, they passed the tickets on to my parents who have had them since. When the seat licensing fee came about, they were grandfathered in on the donation requirement(although they did donate some to the university). They knew at some point that the grandfathering would come to an end and understood it. With turning the east balcony into club seating, that caused them to either increase their donation, move seats or cancel them altogether. Like I said, my parents understood that there would be a day when this would happen.

My parents were getting older and didn't go to all of the games. They would give them to family. My mom passed away a year ago and my dad is now 86 and really doesn't want to go to any games anymore, but has chosen to be moved and will go to whatever games he can and give the rest away to family. Personally, I haven't been to a game in a few years mainly due to the fact that I had a son played college football and his schedule usually conflicted with the Husker games and when it didn't, I just preferred to watch the games on TV. It kind of sucks that these tickets are going away as they were on about the S35 yard line and great seats, but my dad's desire to keep them where they are at, just isn't there and I don't blame him. He told me that if we hadn't sucked for the last few years, that he may have thought about keeping them.
I agree that if we didn't fully suck for so long I might consider but the unknowns at this point are still strong, last year I couldn't go to a couple games and one I had to literally give the pair to an employee of mine to get them used, the other pair I got a total of $40 for them. I can't imagine paying $1500 extra per seat and have that little value.

I have a bigger issue with them sending out invoices when they haven't assigned seats yet and just expect everyone to pony up without not know where the seats will be.

Hopefully Rhule turns it around, liking what I see so far but just never know.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds