Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Details on latest stimulus checks?? (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
What @ThomOsborneMD said.

So dumb because many small business owners make more than the cut-off, will lose their business and don't get a penny. I have a buddy that lost his 6-figure job with no severance last fall and hasn't qualified for any of the stimulus payments due to combined income. He's still interviewing after being unemployed for 6 months.

His friend who's in pharmaceuticals lost his job with a small severance in early 2020. Make about $175K with 7 kids and no wife working....not a penny.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

So dumb because many small business owners make more than the cut-off, will lose their business and don't get a penny. I have a buddy that lost his 6-figure job with no severance last fall and hasn't qualified for any of the stimulus payments due to combined income. He's still interviewing after being unemployed for 6 months.

His friend who's in pharmaceuticals lost his job with a small severance in early 2020. Make about $175K with 7 kids and no wife working....not a penny.
Yeah it was all F’d up and is now only worse. You can’t go off what someone made 1-2 years ago and use that to decide what they are paid now

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member

its agi so they should still qualify

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think this is where it will end up like the other two but quicker phaseout or no phaseout at all. Won't be final until next week. Money should go out pretty quick. I would assume it will be based off 2020 income if filed and 2019 if not similar to the first one.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Small business owners got PPP money and other grants.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah it was all F’d up and is now only worse. You can’t go off what someone made 1-2 years ago and use that to decide what they are paid now
Thats why its a credit on that years return. The first two you get on the 2020 return if you didn't qualify before. This one will be on the 2021 return. Can only get more. Can't get any taken away.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Vast majority I'd guess? There are diligent businesses that I suspect got turned down for one reason or another.

My company was one that was receiving, then not receiving, then receiving after an "intern" at KPMG found a legit loophole. It was only due to the aggressiveness of our leadership team that we weren't left out. Then again we happen to have about 499.75 employees. 😁

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Vast majority I'd guess? There are diligent businesses that I suspect got turned down for one reason or another.

My company was one that was receiving, then not receiving, then receiving after an "intern" at KPMG found a legit loophole. It was only due to the aggressiveness of our leadership team that we weren't left out. Then again we happen to have about 499.75 employees. 😁
I don't know of anyone that got turned down personally. Unless you count the 2nd round where you had to show an actual loss.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

Did he not take advantage of the PPP?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I don't know of anyone that got turned down personally. Unless you count the 2nd round where you had to show an actual loss.
Ya I was going to say I don't know anybody who has been turned down. I know some who got sizeable checks who probably didn't need them.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
As a former small biz owner, you make this sound like all small biz owners got a shit ton of money to continue operating as normal. Even though most small businesses still had to fire most of their staff. Because, you know, restrictions and what not.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds