Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Derek Walker is not going pro

I think he was recruited over.

We need to get a PG and another good shooter.... Hopefully Asian Steph Curry is everything he is hyped up to be
Well if Lakes and Asian Curry are going to be total bust, we're going to have a hell of a time shooting again next year.

I don't know what Asian Curry did during Covid lockdowns, but maybe that's part of his issue

I do not know if Tominaga is a Big Ten player. The dude is tiny, like 6'1" 160. He is going to be eaten alive defensively, the guards in this league are freaks. like can you imagine him trying to even guard someone like McGowens in practice, he's gonna get bodied. And Trey is not an upper tier guard in the league. He doesn't really seem to have pure PG skills either. It's so hard to make it in this league just as a spot up shooter at his size.

Honestly he’s having a horrible year two by what you’d expect. He’s even had a couple games they have had him come off the bench.
Are you talking about Asian Curry?

He’s started 28/31 games and has made 104 threes at a 48% rate this season. 17 ppg. Also hits 85% of his freebies.

Agree with the above mine below though. He will have a tough time in the B1G at his size.

I do not know if Tominaga is a Big Ten player. The dude is tiny, like 6'1" 160. He is going to be eaten alive defensively, the guards in this league are freaks. like can you imagine him trying to even guard someone like McGowens in practice, he's gonna get bodied. And Trey is not an upper tier guard in the league. He doesn't really seem to have pure PG skills either. It's so hard to make it in this league just as a spot up shooter at his size.
The question that needs an answer is: is he an elite shooter? If he's an elite shooter I think Fred can make it work. If he's not, he's got no chance in hell playing big ten basketball

He’s started 28/31 games and has made 104 threes at a 48% rate this season. 17 ppg. Also hits 85% of his freebies.

Agree with the above mine below though. He will have a tough time in the B1G at his size.
Current year stats

8.1 ppg. .345 from 3 on 29 attempts. 7/9 from the stripe.

Which is really fucking bad.

The question that needs an answer is: is he an elite shooter? If he's an elite shooter I think Fred can make it work. If he's not, he's got no chance in hell playing big ten basketball
yeah, that's the question. I think he's a good shooter, his early stats this year notwithstanding. but we need a guy who can go ~40% on a decent number of attempts. at 6'0" tall that's going to be tough. he does have a quick release but big difference trying to get separation from juco guards and these dudes in the BIG who are all taller, longer, and incredible athletes.

and offense isn't even the concerning end of the floor for him

yeah, that's the question. I think he's a good shooter, his early stats this year notwithstanding. but we need a guy who can go ~40% on a decent number of attempts. at 6'0" tall that's going to be tough. he does have a quick release but big difference trying to get separation from juco guards and these dudes in the BIG who are all taller, longer, and incredible athletes.

and offense isn't even the concerning end of the floor for him
I look at a guy like Glynn Watson who made it work as an undersized guard in the league. The nice thing about college basketball is that there are very few teams who can put five guys on the floor that make it overly difficult to hide a poor defender.

Definitely agree on the getting separation and shot making part. That's what we really need to add and if he can't do either and is a defensive liability this is a.misfire

If McGowens can bring it up the floor & play point, Fred will do that, had Royce White do it a lot & they had Diante Garrett then. Seems like Walker opens up the offense a lot just with his presence alone, if Briedenbach can consistently score in the post/pick & roll, the offense can really open up, we’ll see Fred trying to get McGowens/posts on a mismatches.

I mostly watch NBA cuz I like betting on their regular season games but watching our games, I just see a bunch of role players that need to fall in line to legit talent. Asian Curry seems like a guy u have come off the bench to chuck up shots, which is what I think Teddy should be. I could be way off cuz I don’t pay attention enough

I look at a guy like Glynn Watson who made it work as an undersized guard in the league. The nice thing about college basketball is that there are very few teams who can put five guys on the floor that make it overly difficult to hide a poor defender.

Definitely agree on the getting separation and shot making part. That's what we really need to add and if he can't do either and is a defensive liability this is a.misfire
Watson was super athletic and could create plus he had like a 7’ wingspan... incredibly long arms. Perfect DB measurables.

Those are his freshman year stats. Baron has his sophomore stats already posted and they are underwhelming.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back