Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Cell Phone scams (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Has anyone else got a phone call from some company that has green energy in the name. They're calling about a state funded solar panel. That was the farthest I got into the convo but they call on a daily basis. I've told them to take me off their list. Fuck off. Eat a dick. And they keep calling.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Has anyone else got a phone call from some company that has green energy in the name. They're calling about a state funded solar panel. That was the farthest I got into the convo but they call on a daily basis. I've told them to take me off their list. Fuck off. Eat a dick. And they keep calling.

I get local calls from the 402 daily, but oftentimes there's nobody on the other line. I think they're just checking to see if the number is still good, but to what end? Check the number, but not use it for anything?

It really sucks when I have a contractor or repair person that I've reached out to for some sort of service, but never want to answer thinking it'll be these assholes ding dong ditching me again. They usually call early/mid morning most days, but occasionally get calls in the afternoon.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Mine are always 402 numbers also. I give my cell out to clients and don't have all of them in my phone so I pretty much always answer.

So annoying isn't it? Especially when they're local numbers.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
So annoying isn't it? Especially when they're local numbers.
How many times have you had people calling you that said you just called them even though you didn’t ? I’ve had that happen countless times because the scammers must have been using my number. I’ve also had happen the other way too.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
How many times have you had people calling you that said you just called them even though you didn’t ? I’ve had that happen countless times because the scammers must have been using my number. I’ve also had happen the other way too.
Yep. Don't get how that works at all.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG

That bothers me.

I'm like WTF are you, and do you really need to know who called? Since I do phone work, I sometimes realize I've called the wrong number, and hang up right away and call the correct number. Then some dude calls and says "hey, who is this and what did you need?" I didn't need anything. I'd have left a message or not hung up before you answered if I needed something.

Beat it dumb ass.....just one of my pet peeves.

I've told my wife and kids that if you really need to reach someone you will, and if someone really needs to reach you they will.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds