Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Big Ten WBB Scores and Standings (12/23)

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
December 23
#19 Indiana 75, Minnesota 54
Rutgers 84, Manhattan 41
Purdue 83, Nebraska 72

Standings

1. Indiana (4-2, 2-0)
1. Michigan State (7-0, 2-0)
1. Northwestern (4-0, 2-0)
4. Maryland (4-1, 1-0)
5. Purdue (5-2, 2-1)
6. Cockeye (5-1, 1-1)
6. Rutgers (5-1, 1-1)
8. Nebraska (3-3, 1-2)
9. Michigan (5-0, 0-0)
9. Ohio State (4-0, 0-0)
11. Illinois (2-2, 0-1)
11. Penn State (3-2, 0-1)
13. Wisconsin (3-2, 0-2)
14. Minnesota (1-4, 0-3)

Games for Thursday, December 31
Rutgers at Cockeye
#14 Maryland at Penn State
Wisconsin at #17 Michigan
#15 Northwestern at Nebraska (1:00 p.m. - BTN)
Illinois at #19 Indiana

1st2nd3rd4thTOTAL
Nebraska2014152372
Purdue2318212183

NEBRASKA

FG:
30-of-65 (46.2%)
3FG: 4-of-17 (23.5%)
FT: 8-of-11 (72.7%)
Pts in Paint: 36
Pts off Turnovers: 11
Second Chance Pts: 0
Bench Pts: 0
Rebounds: 30
Fouls: 15
Assists: 16
Turnovers: 7
Blocks: 4
Steals: 6

Scoring
Isabelle Bourne - 22
Ashley Scoggin - 16
Sam Haiby - 16
Kate Cain - 12
Bella Cravens - 6

===============================

PURDUE

FG:
30-of-63 (47.6%)
3FG: 10-of-22 (45.5%)
FT: 13-of-20 (65.0%)
Pts in Paint: 26
Pts off Turnovers: 8
Second Chance Pts: 13
Fast Break Pts: 8
Bench Pts: 32
Rebounds: 40
Fouls: 13
Assists: 16
Turnovers: 12
Blocks: 3
Steals: 3

Scoring
Kayana Traylor - 21
Karissa McLaughlin - 13
Fatou Diagne - 9
Brooke Moore - 9
Jenelle Grant - 9
Madison Layden - 6
Tamara Farquhar - 6
Cassidy Hardin - 6
Rickie Woltman - 3
Ra Shaya Kyle - 1

Huskers Fight Hard at Purdue
Huskers.com

WEST LAFAYETTE, IN - Isabelle Bourne led four Huskers in double figures with a career-high 22 points, but Nebraska still suffered an 83-72 women's basketball loss to Purdue at Mackey Arena on Wednesday afternoon.

Bourne, who hit 10-of-17 shots from the field including a pair of three-pointers, added seven rebounds while playing a career-high 38 minutes for the Huskers. Nebraska slipped to 3-3 overall with the setback and 1-2 in the Big Ten with its second straight road loss in the state of Indiana. Purdue improved to 5-2 overall and 2-1 in the conference with the win.

Fellow sophomore Ashley Scoggin matched her career high with 16 points for the Huskers. Scoggin played an excellent floor game for the Big Red, hitting 6-of-10 shots including 2-of-4 three-pointers while adding four rebounds, three assists and two steals.

Junior guard Sam Haiby matched Scoggin with 16 points, three assists and a pair of steals for Nebraska as well, while Kate Cain contributed 12 points on 6-of-10 shooting. Cain managed a pair of assists and two blocks.

Although Nebraska's fifth starter, Bella Cravens, fell short of double figures in points with six, the 6-3 forward led the Big Red on the glass with 10 rebounds while adding two assists, two blocks and a steal of her own.

The five starters combined for all 72 of Nebraska's points on the day against a hot-shooting Purdue team, which hit 47.6 percent (30-63) of its shots from the field including 45.5 percent (10-22). The Boilermakers also got 32 points off their bench, including 13 points from two-time All-Big Ten guard Karissa McLaughlin who hit 5-of-6 shots from the floor including 3-of-3 from three-point range. McLaughlin, who was making her second appearance of the season while recovering offseason ankle surgery, got her 13 points in just 13 minutes. Purdue was plus-10 during McLaughlin's minutes on the court.

Kayana Traylor led Purdue with 21 points while adding a game-high seven assists as the only other Boilermaker in double figures. However, three Boilers - Brooke Moore, Jenelle Grant and Fatou Diagne - all had nine points for a balanced attack. Diagne also led all players with 17 rebounds in 25 minutes.

As a team, Purdue out-rebounded Nebraska 40-30, while the Huskers won the turnover battle, 12-5. Nebraska finished the game 30-of-65 (.462) from the field, but the Huskers hit just 4-of-17 threes (.235). The Huskers went 8-of-11 (.727) at the free throw line, while Purdue connected on 13-of-20 (.650).

Nebraska will enjoy several days for the holiday break before returning to action against defending Big Ten regular-season champion Northwestern. Tip-off between the Huskers and No. 16 Wildcats is set for 1 p.m. on New Year's Eve at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Live television coverage will be provided by the Big Ten Network along with live radio play-by-play from the Husker Sports Network.

I can eliminate if there's no interest............

I'm interested, but really won't read the huskers.com article...only the scores and standings. Anyhow, I appreciate your effort to keep us informed, and Jim's sentiments about both saving you work, and seeing pics of volleyball players.

I would like to see more pics of volleyball players, regardless of who posts them.

I'm interested, but really won't read the huskers.com article...only the scores and standings. Anyhow, I appreciate your effort to keep us informed, and Jim's sentiments about both saving you work, and seeing pics of volleyball players.

I would like to see more pics of volleyball players, regardless of who posts them.

tenor.gif

Did the women's program have a ton of turnover? A lot of their games seem to be on big ten plus and I'm just not willing to burn through my limited bandwidth to watch this year.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back