Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Apologies to Mark Whipple (RE: Haarberg) (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Whipple's been given a ton of shit this spring for his treatment of Haarberg, but I think it's pretty obvious what the deal was: Haarberg's a terrible passer.

My guess is that HH showed the same deficiencies he showed today:
  • no pocket presence
  • no feel for the pass rush
  • no touch on short passes
  • no accuracy on long passes
  • doesn't look off primary receiver
HH is miles away from being B1G ready & I'm doubting that he'll ever be. I'm not trying to rip the kid... but in my view, his deficiencies are basic, instinctual "QB DNA" type stuff and I just don't think he has it. I think you can play him in some sort of wildcat QB package but I don't see him ever being a starter at the B1G level.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
who said he treated him wrong?
Sip and Callahan have been ALL OVER Whipple on their podcast this spring. Saying Whipple had a personal vendetta against Haarberg.

They cite Whipple leaving him at home on one of the road trips as a personal F-U to Haarberg.

I think it's pretty obvious now that Whipple just saw that Haarberg couldn't do any of what he demands of his QBs so he gave up on him. I mean, if you're a QB coach and a guy literally can't do ANY of the things you ask, there's not much you can do.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I don’t feel bad. He got paid handsomely to be a mercenary and just yolo ball it to Palmer.
Oh I think the guy was a major asshat. His stubbornness with the running game pretty much submarined any chance our RB/OL had of success in the B1G.

Narduzzi was right RE: Whipple and the run game. 100% right. Pairing him up with the equally stubborn Frost was just a hilarious power play by the football gods.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Oh I think the guy was a major asshat. His stubbornness with the running game pretty much submarined any chance our RB/OL had of success in the B1G.

Narduzzi was right RE: Whipple and the run game. 100% right. Pairing him up with the equally stubborn Frost was just a hilarious power play by the football gods.
Fun isn’t the right word for it because it was painful as a fan, but what a dynamic it was between those two. As much as the media wants to downplay whatever the hell happened during the North Dakota game, there was definitely tension between the two and lack of respect on both fronts.

To be fair, I think Whipple realized what he had in Palmer and just said fuck it, let it fly. We’ll run it just enough to keep the defense honest, but that was about it. He had zero interest in being creative in the run game since he was a mercenary.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Sip and Callahan have been ALL OVER Whipple on their podcast this spring. Saying Whipple had a personal vendetta against Haarberg.

They cite Whipple leaving him at home on one of the road trips as a personal F-U to Haarberg.

I think it's pretty obvious now that Whipple just saw that Haarberg couldn't do any of what he demands of his QBs so he gave up on him. I mean, if you're a QB coach and a guy literally can't do ANY of the things you ask, there's not much you can do.
If you still listen to Sipple and Dean that's on you. You get exactly the quality of insight they're known for

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you still listen to Sipple and Dean that's on you. You get exactly the quality of insight they're known for
Im Free Carl Reiner GIF by Team Coco

westernnehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
I’ve been saying it since he was offered a scholarship. Yet everyone keeps making excuses.

Put him at TE now and put him in some Taysom Hill type packages. He’s not a QB and couldn’t succeed at Nebraska class B or C level.
He succeeded at the class C1 level dude.

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Still think Torres is the only accurate qb on team, but won't hold up until we have protection. Hopefully Sims just limits mistakes
Edit. Like to see what Casey can do in this offense

Last edited:

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
He was alright at C1. IIRC, his sr year was far short of being impressive. You'd expect a scholly player to have a better year.
His senior year we missed on our top targets and reluctantly offered him a spot. Scott Fraud strikes again. I always assumed from the beginning that he would switch positions faster than a Bang Bros scene but he hasn't so far.

Last edited:

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
His senior year we missed on our top targets and reluctantly offered him a spot. Scott Fraud strikes again. I always assumed from the beginning that he would switch positions faster than a Bang Bros scene but he hasn't so far.
actually there was a lot of interest from Clemson, and at the time he was getting a lot of pressure to recruit the in-state qb - especially when a Trevor Lawrence coached team wanted him.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds