Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone own rental property in OMA/LNK? (1 Viewer)

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Curious if anyone either owns rental property in Omaha or Lincoln area as I’m contemplating dabling in this space in NE. Want to learn more about what areas have consistent bookings and good margin. Open to STR or LTR but probably prefer a LTR and consistent tenant. TIA.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Prefer turnkey given I’m out of state
Definitely a lot slimmer margins in turn key right now with rates being high. Just make sure rent covers mortgage/management and some cushion. Not every property will cash flow with these rates right now.

There’s more juice if you can go the rehab/value add route but dealing with contractors, etc and rushing to get the house ready while paying the mortgage with no income is stressful to say the least.

There’s a pretty active Omaha Real Estate Investors Group that has a Facebook page and does in person meetups, may be worth it to partner with some more experienced investors if you have capital to deploy.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
I have a couple in north bottoms
Area has changed
It’s a gold mine
Perfect location due to proximity of UNL
Area not as trashy as it was a decade or 2 ago
If the property is updated u will get max $s & don’t really need to advertise to get tenants bc everyone knows someone with kids in school needing housing close to campus
Those who bought houses down there for 20k during the housing crash are laughing to the bank now

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds