Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone here good with electronics brands? (1 Viewer)

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
We bought a new house last year and it already had surround sound speakers installed. However, no one seems to know how to connect to them. I haven't found anything yet and figured I'd research a bit on the brand but I am having a hard time identifying the brand. Does anyone recognize these speakers? 1000005627.jpg

A close up on the logo:
1000005625.jpg

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Is that an M and E and a T ?

I dont see it on the internet

Where do the wires all run to?
Dont you have an AV Closet or something?

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is that an M and E and a T ?

I dont see it on the internet

Where do the wires all run to?
Dont you have an AV Closet or something?
I was thinking MEI but I can't find that either.

Idk where the wires go. I haven't pulled it apart yet (was hoping to get enough info to not have to) and I can't find anywhere they come out of the walls. We don't have an AV closet.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Mansoor Electronics Industries. Looks like they used to do car stereo stuff back in the 80s-90s. There is some listings on Ebay for the old stuff but I couldn't find anything on any new products.

Screenshot_20240705-121530_eBay.jpg

Skinrad

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I was thinking MEI but I can't find that either.

Idk where the wires go. I haven't pulled it apart yet (was hoping to get enough info to not have to) and I can't find anywhere they come out of the walls. We don't have an AV closet.
Where are the speakers located? Are they surrounds in your main living area like a great room? If so, does your great room have a built-in area or cubby for a TV? If you do, most built-ins speakers would have wiring that generally run towards the main TV placement area. Agree with everyone else, these speakers probably should be replaced. Quite a few options to choose from for in-walls, or in-ceiling. I have Golden Ears, but Polk, Klipsch, Def Tech, etc. are decent options that are not too expensive, but depends on what you model you choose.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds