Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Another recruiting hurdle

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Link
Since 1996 every team that has won an undisputed national title except for Oklahoma in 2000 has had at least two top ten national recruiting classes in the four years before a title.
So in order to get into the CFB Playoff, you have to meet the blue chip ratio. In order to win the CFB Playoff, you have to have at least two top ten national recruiting classes in the four years prior.

When Frost was hired I was hoping that by this time Frost would have at least 30+ blue chip athletes on the roster. We would have a couple 9+ win seasons behind us and we would be recruiting top 15 ranked classes. I was also hoping that we would have some kind of marketing strategy that combined Husker tradition with Oregon "cool", and combined with our aggressive, fun, high-scoring offense and a big new athletic complex we would be back in the spotlight and on the verge of returning to our former glory. Obviously that hasn't worked out. By the start of the 2021 season we will have around 22 4* on the roster. Maybe a few more if we add a couple good transfers or JUCOs.

I guess what I am saying is that we aren't going to win a national title for a long time and that makes me a sad panda.

Im guessing this is pretty accurate, especially with the spread offense era. Now say frost decides to go back to a power based offense I can see us maybe sneaking in with out top 10 classes, also the transfer portal can provide a player that can take a team from good to great. Watson Clemson, Hurts Oklahoma

I would also like to add I think this flashy spread offense that Frost runs will get him fired eventually. I still think a ground based run attack with deep threats is the way to go. Think Wisconsin with a mobile qb.

Im guessing this is pretty accurate, especially with the spread offense era. Now say frost decides to go back to a power based offense I can see us maybe sneaking in with out top 10 classes, also the transfer portal can provide a player that can take a team from good to great. Watson Clemson, Hurts Oklahoma
I think that over time a team could get into the CFB playoff by consistently recruiting Top 20 classes and using the transfer portal to fill holes. That's something Nebraska should have been doing all of these years. But we have had too much coaching staff turnover, strength staff turnover. No consistently in our schemes and S&C. And now we have a mediocre coaching staff.

Wat? Son.

I would also like to add I think this flashy spread offense that Frost runs will get him fired eventually. I still think a ground based run attack with deep threats is the way to go. Think Wisconsin with a mobile qb.
I really like your POTD skillz.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back