Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Alabama and Georgia recruiting

Outkick is a Tennessee rag, so of course they pick up on this

BamaCars_zpscrwcdufn.gif

Lol I’ve worked with Rush Probst quite a bit and that dude needs to just go ahead and stay away from any moral high ground on any topic.

Awesome dude to work with, and probably the best high school football fundraiser in the history of the sport at that level but that dudes had so much controversy around him SEC schools wouldn’t even offer him a spot.

100% guarantee that for him to drop this nugget there’s a bunch of turmoil going on in the background right now, he’s always had really good relationships with those schools and they’ve been paying his players for over a decade.

The state of Georgia requires state approval on purchases over $10,000 - so he would write me a check for $9,999.99 every year and tell me “I’ll buy whatever you can fit into this” - If there’s anything else just invoice it separately and send it to the boosters

Last edited:
Lol I’ve worked with Rush Probst quite a bit and that dude needs to just go ahead and stay away from any moral high ground on any topic.

Awesome dude to work with, and probably the best high school football fundraiser in the history of the sport at that level but that dudes had so much controversy around him SEC schools wouldn’t even offer him a spot.

100% guarantee that for him to drop this nugget there’s a bunch of turmoil going on in the background right now, he’s always had really good relationships with those schools and they’ve been paying his players for over a decade.

The state of Georgia requires state approval on purchases over $10,000 - so he would write me a check for $9,999.99 every year and tell me “I’ll buy whatever you can fit into this” - If there’s anything else just invoice it separately and send it to the boosters
That's fuckin awesome. Any other cool stories you can tell?

That's fuckin awesome. Any other cool stories you can tell?

Rush Probst specifically, had his high school program at Colquitt hooked up with an indoor practice facility, a 8,300 square foot weight room facility, and a training table for the football players donated from local farmers and ranchers that fed them breakfast and lunch throughout the school year.

He got kicked out of Hoover for having 2 families, he even had golden retriever with both families and gave them the same name so he wouldn’t slip up and get in trouble.

Such a nice guy though, offered me his office to work out of any time I was in Georgia and we were up until 2am hardwiring his instant replay system the night before his championship game a few years ago because he wanted to be 100% certain it would work.

All the fun juicy stories I have tend to be out of Southern California - there is so much freaking drama between all of those high school programs and the transfer market.

2 ADs turned down Bronnie James before he went to Sierra Canyon because the ADs just didn’t want to have to handle to infrastructure of supporting Lebron going to games and the media attention.

Rush Probst specifically, had his high school program at Colquitt hooked up with an indoor practice facility, a 8,300 square foot weight room facility, and a training table for the football players donated from local farmers and ranchers that fed them breakfast and lunch throughout the school year.

He got kicked out of Hoover for having 2 families, he even had golden retriever with both families and gave them the same name so he wouldn’t slip up and get in trouble.

Such a nice guy though, offered me his office to work out of any time I was in Georgia and we were up until 2am hardwiring his instant replay system the night before his championship game a few years ago because he wanted to be 100% certain it would work.

All the fun juicy stories I have tend to be out of Southern California - there is so much freaking drama between all of those high school programs and the transfer market.

2 ADs turned down Bronnie James before he went to Sierra Canyon because the ADs just didn’t want to have to handle to infrastructure of supporting Lebron going to games and the media attention.
Damn! Turned down LeBron Jr., that's nuts! What's the wildest SoCal story?

Damn! Turned down LeBron Jr., that's nuts! What's the wildest SoCal story?

A lot of it was more crazy for me just because of my job. I had a football coach kick me off campus because I visited this other school first, he was just appalled by the fact I prioritized the other school first when in reality it was just closer on my way from the airport.

An assistant coach at a D1 school in Utah got fired because he was giving his recruiting software to high schools in the area to steal game film from other schools and got the whole schools recruiting account banned for a year.

California is pretty locked down on transfer rules, you have to show proof of residence and utility bills to get it approved. Kids with well-off parents will buy a house in the right area in cash, pay the first electric bill, get the transfer approved and then put the house back on the market, this happens A LOT. Then some kids without well off parents would somehow pull this off and an AD told me “The less questions I ask, the better it is for everyone” - still not exactly sure what he meant, but I got the impression it was linked to recruiting and dirty.

There were quite a few Nebraska recruits from the Riley era where I’d text one of the coaches I was close with an ask them about the recruit - and they’d just respond “I don’t even know wtf you guys are doing right now.” (Keyshawn jr)

A lot of it was more crazy for me just because of my job. I had a football coach kick me off campus because I visited this other school first, he was just appalled by the fact I prioritized the other school first when in reality it was just closer on my way from the airport.

An assistant coach at a D1 school in Utah got fired because he was giving his recruiting software to high schools in the area to steal game film from other schools and got the whole schools recruiting account banned for a year.

California is pretty locked down on transfer rules, you have to show proof of residence and utility bills to get it approved. Kids with well-off parents will buy a house in the right area in cash, pay the first electric bill, get the transfer approved and then put the house back on the market, this happens A LOT. Then some kids without well off parents would somehow pull this off and an AD told me “The less questions I ask, the better it is for everyone” - still not exactly sure what he meant, but I got the impression it was linked to recruiting and dirty.

There were quite a few Nebraska recruits from the Riley era where I’d text one of the coaches I was close with an ask them about the recruit - and they’d just respond “I don’t even know wtf you guys are doing right now.” (Keyshawn jr)
I am so naïve to how behind the scenes coaching works. That shit is incredible.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back