Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit 5 star Georgia transfer MJ Sherman is N (2 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Zach Galifianakis Yes GIF

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
When is the last time we had an athlete like this to rush the Passer? Honestly can only really think of Randy Gregory that would fall into this category of talented Rush Ends/OLBs basically during this century.
Rhule seems determined to load up on versatile EDGE guys looking at all the guys he's brought in: Princewell, Noonan, Lenhardt, Borders, Wallin and now Sherman. Stockpiling some talent.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
But is he any good?
From what I was told is "if he is healthy he is Sunday talent" and that "UGA wanted to keep him"

But there is also his side of the story where they said something to the effect of.... "they told me they want to invest in development of young players at my spot..."

He is physically everything you need to be an NFL dude.

"Great frame with college-ready size and strength. Carries 234 pounds like 220. Missed nearly all of junior season with torn ACL. Versatile enough to play inside our outside linebacker. Verified 4.53 in 40. Tremendous acceleration and change of direction. Can cover running backs and tight ends. Physical in running game. Quick to diagnose run plays. Moves well in traffic. Disengages and finds ballcarrier quickly. Strong, physical tackler. Able to turn and run in coverage. Has to show he did not lose agility with injury. Consistency needed with drop depths in zone coverage. Impact player at elite college program. First round NFL draft pick potential."

I will say I always worry about these types of players. They seem to have a higher bust rate, but who knows.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds