Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

1890 Named Official Collective of Husker Athletics

NGL, I thought they already were.

Were they just the "unofficial official" while NIL had to pretend to be separate from the universities?
the part I’m most curious about is where it mentions “giving donors many of the same benefits and privileges of the Husker Athletic Fund”

That is certainly not the case today and makes things more enticing from a donation perspective. I think this is essentially the middle step between bringing it fully in house, allowing them to start that process before “officially” flipping the switch as soon as it’s allowed.

Turd -
Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF by MOODMAN

So who wants to take a $2M tax deduction to land us David Sanders Jr?
To be fair, with him it’s not about us having the money to get him here, we do. It’s about him and his family not believing we have enough left after that to bring in the rest of the people that want to play with him. Which is a valid concern when you look at who we are up against.

Wasn’t Turd indirectly “against” 1890?
Basically not allowing 1890 gear by the staff and rarely if ever publicly promoting them was just odd. Sitting down with 1890 for the first time and saying “just so you know I’m not intimidated by your booster relationships” was just an awful start to the “partnership”.

When your AD is basically going head to head against your collective for money and not giving donors benefits if they go towards 1890, it just divides things.

Basically not allowing 1890 gear by the staff and rarely if ever publicly promoting them was just odd. Sitting down with 1890 for the first time and saying “just so you know I’m not intimidated by your booster relationships” was just an awful start to the “partnership”.

When your AD is basically going head to head against your collective for money and not giving donors benefits if they go towards 1890, it just divides things.
I’m starting to think that Turd is an empty suit

Seems on brand for a guy who sat down with a coach who ended up 1 win away from a natty and said "if you're ever not happy here, you can leave "

Seems on brand for a guy who sat down with a coach who ended up 1 win away from a natty and said "if you're ever not happy here, you can leave "
It's very "I will take us where we need to go with or without you" vibey. And sometimes it's ok to acknowledge that things are going well and just say "you're doing great, what more can myself as the AD do for you?" But that doesn't get him any glory. Much like why he wasn't a fan of NIL and trying to get the stadium project going. With that said, in College Station he doesn't have people having to choose between the two. Plenty of money around down there.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back