Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

16 Team Playoff (1 Viewer)

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
IMO 16 is too much but I think 8 would be interesting. I know it's been discussed 1000 times and the logistics... blah blah blah. It's a slow Friday, why not.

This year it would look like this:

Alabama vs Cinn
Texas AM vs Ohio State
Notre D vs ISU Cocks
Florida vs Clemson

IMG_3685.JPG

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Obviously, lots of people would argue would this render the regular season irrelevant? I personally do not think it would, but I do not want to see teams with 2 losses or more making the playoff. A 2-loss champion has rarely happened and I do not think most 2 loss teams deserve a shot.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Totally agree opee. 8 is the perfect number.

Also Oklahoma will replace Cockeye States spot when they beat them in the championship game. Notre Dame would smoke IA St but ND vs OK would be a decent game.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
I don’t think 16 renders the season meaningless.

IMO, since the playoff was introduced, teams on the outside looking in look at the end of the season view their bowl games as meaningless. That’s why you see so many players opting out of bowl games.

Right now, there are literally only 4 teams who give a shit after January 1st, and there a only about 18 that care after around November 10th.

With a 16 team playoff, the battles for home field advantage and the last several playoff spots would be really intriguing.

That being said, 16 might be too many games. 8, or even 10 (2 teams get first-round bye) would be about right.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds