Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

1430 Days of Frost: Expectations vs. Reality (1 Viewer)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
There's this movie called "500 Days of Summer" about a hopeless romantic guy who is blinded by optimism and thinks everything will work out because of fate, and the end of a deep relationship he had with a woman who he thought was his true love. Anyway it's a funny and creative flick and there's this great scene late in the movie when they've been apart for awhile but he gets invited to a party at her place, and he thinks they're going to get back together and it's going to be a magical night. And the scene plays out as a split-screen "Expectations Vs. Reality" sequence:

I thought about this scene when somebody in another thread mentioned how dead our sideline was on Saturday. At UCF, Frost's teams were nationally known for being wild and crazy on the sideline, their entire demeanor was pure fun and energy and in 2017 I was absolutely giddy about the idea of Nebraska getting an injection of that kind of attitude! Football was going to be fun again! Instead, we got the reality that we've all witnessed over the past 1430 days.

More Expectations vs. Reality:
  • Expectation: Our offense would always lead the way, and we could still win games with scores like 52-38 when our defense struggled
    • Reality: Our offense has been uneven, confused, and lethargic at best, and our defense is the only thing keeping us in games
  • Expectation: Frost would be a fun "big brother" type of players coach, he might have to grow into the role of running the show but would always be able to relate to his players
    • Reality: After almost 4 seasons I have no idea what Frost's personality is behind the scenes or what kind of relationship he has with his players
  • Expectation: Nebraska would finally come into the 21st century, the traditional fans would finally allow themselves to be led into modern times by one of their favorite sons
    • Reality: Instead of bringing UCF's electric and modern atmosphere to NU, Frost has run the program by doing a mediocre Tom Osborne impression of detached monotone pressers and standing back waiting for players to figure things out on their own because he doesn't think it should be up to him to motivate them
What are some other depressing examples of Expectations Vs. Reality in the Frost era?

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
5f713bab92978.image.jpg

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Damn that’s pretty spot on. I’ll add that I didn’t think we’d have a 90s type run game, but I thought we’d have a 2001 type run game. Maybe not quite dominant, but could get you the yards when you needed it and late in the game

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Let me summarize reality in a few short sentences:

Mackenzie Milton would be considered a once in a lifetime talent at most blue blood programs, much less any power 5 school.

Scott Frost and his fraudulent QB coach Harry Potter Sr cashed in on said talent at a G5 school.

Chinander deserves better than the current shitshow that he's been dealt. He's probably the only coach on Frosts staff worthy of employment at a B1G football program.

It's really that simple.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Let me summarize reality in a few short sentences:

Mackenzie Milton would be considered a once in a lifetime talent at most blue blood programs, much less any power 5 school.

Scott Frost and his fraudulent QB coach Harry Potter Sr cashed in on said talent at a G5 school.

Chinander deserves better than the current shitshow that he's been dealt. He's probably the only coach on Frosts staff worthy of employment at a B1G football program.

It's really that simple.
Is Milton actually playing though? I haven't paid attention to FSU. If he is not, how is the first sentence even remotely accurate if a once in a lifetime talent can't see the field for another bad FSU team? Feels like an anti-Frost narrative push there. I understand the leg thing, but if he's "once in a lifetime" then he should be starting for FSU, which I don't think he is. I could be wrong though.

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is Milton actually playing though? I haven't paid attention to FSU. If he is not, how is the first sentence even remotely accurate if a once in a lifetime talent can't see the field for another bad FSU team? Feels like an anti-Frost narrative push there. I understand the leg thing, but if he's "once in a lifetime" then he should be starting for FSU, which I don't think he is. I could be wrong though.
Oh I don't know.....he damn near had to have leg amputated....

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds